The Contracts Management Specialist Junior is responsible for guiding and supporting SPAWAR and associated PMOs in successfully accomplishing objectives via milestones, acquisition and contract events and providing direct support to the various SPAWAR PEOs and its associated PMO Acquisition Manager and APMs.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Contracts Management Specialist Junior candidate shall assist the client with all aspects of the federal government contracting life cycle, including pre-award acquisition planning, source selection support, and post-award contract administration for complex naval and DoD software and hardware intensive systems. Provide advice and guidance on all matters of federal, DoD, and Navy pre-award and post-award contracting procedures and policies. Develop and review procurement request (PR) packages, including Acquisition Plans (APs), Acquisition Strategies (AS), Statements of Work (SOWs), Performance Work Statements (PWSs), Source Selection Plans (SSPs), Justification and Approvals (J&As), Determination and Finding (D&F), and the Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL), ensuring adequacy, consistency, and compliance with administrative, regulatory, and procedural requirements. The Acquisition Specialist will be familiar with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Department of Defense’s process for acquisition programs and the various program reviews required for acquisition approval to include:
- Assist government procurement agencies with defining proposals, including RFPs and qualifying vendors.
- Apply knowledge of the defense acquisition process to support customers in the analysis and improvement of acquisition process policy and procedures.
- Devise innovative strategies for deploying and implementing new acquisition policy initiatives and measuring the effectiveness of implementation.
- Use quantitative analytical techniques to assess system acquisition process issues and develop risk reduction or mitigation approaches for improving acquisition or program planning, control, and execution.
- BS Degree from an accredited college or university
· One (1) to Three (3) years of demonstrated experience in DoD Contract Management and Acquisition Management
· Secret Clearance required
- Possess experience in project management, engineering management, DoD acquisition, or another related subject of comparable complexity and responsibility.
- Experience with or knowledge of strategic and operational support in procuring information technology (IT) services and systems;
- Experience with contract management systems;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR);
- Knowledge of DOD Acquisition Regulation acquisitions regulatory framework;
- Ability to work independently and take a lead role when called for, attention to detail, high standards of excellence, and a strong commitment to perform and execute all project activities successfully;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, writing and analytical skills to effectively interact with program and contracting officials; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly MS Word, Excel and SharePoint