Safety & Training Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Alexander's Mobility Services is a full service moving company comprised of about 300 employees with offices all over the United States. Our Safety Department is growing and we are looking for 2 Regional Recruiter & Trainers, East coast and West Coast, who will be responsible for recruiting, qualifying, onboarding, and training drivers for specific branches, along with oversight and development of driver related training and compliance items as they arise. This person will also be responsible for the oversight of the Preventative Maintenance Program for assigned branches and will have involvement in all things within Alexander’s Health & Safety Policy.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Singular point of contact in recruitment, qualifying, onboarding, and training of employee and sub-contract drivers for the branches assigned to.
- Recruitment of drivers in accordance with the needs of the branch and local contractors.
- Processing Atlas and Alexander’s driver qualifications in accordance with company policies and US DOT requirements.
- Onboarding drivers to ensure they have all necessary tools to perform required services. To include IT Credentials setup for OnBase, Inventory App., AtlasNet, Comdata, etc.
- Pre-qualification training: Accident Reporting, Road Test, FMCSA Requirements, ELD, Inventory App., Telematics, Idelic Safety Suite, etc.
Ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations regarding transportation and workplace safety for multiple locations.
- Monitoring driver qualifications files and selection process for other locations not assigned to.
- Reviewing hours of service records for accuracy.
- Managing, coaching and oversight of Telematics policy.
- Monitoring CSA scores and Atlas Safety points to address trends, driver performance and conduct reviews with all qualified drivers in the Alexander’s system.
Training & Development
Assist with developing materials and conducting training for drivers, employees, and management in the implementation of all Fleet Safety and Employee Health & Safety policies and programs.
- Assure all US DOT mandates are communicated, provide training and retraining.
- Safety initiatives are being communicated, training development and provide training.
- Main point of contact, resource, and training of the new Electronic Inventory Program.
Preventative Maintenance Program
Overseeing and implementing the elements of the Preventative Maintenance Program, in conjunction with the Atlas Bi-Annual Inspection periods.
- Will require travel to assigned locations for monthly/quarterly equipment inspections.
- Work with maintenance vendors to assure PM compliance and demand maintenance are compliant.
- Coordinate with Ops. Teams in assuring maintenance and repairs are taking place in a timely and efficient manner.
- Analyzing data and information to address trends, driver performance and conduct reviews of equipment condition and usage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal communication skills in order to manage and interact with all levels of employees, branch offices, agents, executives and PVO’s.
- Basic knowledge of US DOT regulations a plus.
- Basic mechanical knowledge of commercial transportation equipment.
- Excellent MS Office (Excel skills).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide concise documentation.
- Ability to interact effectively maintaining a positive, can-do, service-oriented attitude.
- Movers Suite, AtlasNet, and Telematics software a plus.
PHYSICAL AND MIND SET REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to respond promptly in all situations.
- In-depth knowledge of team concepts.
- Pleasant, outgoing personality and good rapport with people.
- Office and outdoor environment with interruptions.
- Regularly scheduled travel to multiple locations.
*The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements*
Alexander's Mobility Services
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?