Location/Division Specific Information
U.S. Remote -role will support the Global Operations functions within the Epredia; Portsmouth, NH, Boston, MA, New York City, NY, Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA, or Parsippany, NJ
Epredia was established in July 2019 through an acquisition by PHC Group from Thermo Fisher Scientific. Powered by trusted brands such as Richard - Allan Scientific, Microm, Shandon, Menzel Gläser and Erie Scientific, Epredia has a wide breadth of solutions that have and will continue to transform the anatomical pathology market.
Today, we’re a global precision cancer diagnostics company working to improve patient outcomes by providing groundbreaking technologies. Every product developed has been impacted by generations of employees who are committed to improving lives by enabling pathologists through enhancing precision cancer diagnostics.
The Anatomical Pathology IT team focuses on applying industry standard methodologies to the design, development, and deployment world-class software products. We are looking to hire individuals with experience in managing software development, vendor application deployment and test engineering teams in clinical and research settings, and who can help us solve the next wave of technical challenges using the latest cloud-based, big-data, and rich analytics tool sets.
Roles and Responsibility
- Hands-on management of a team of highly skilled software developers, ensuring great execution of Agile/SCRUM processes and repeatable, predictable, and high-quality delivery of software solutions
- Participate in and lead the design and development of new software and/or extensive software revisions
- Work with the product management to define technical requirements and priorities and support Product Owners to craft user-stories, designs, and development tasks to be worked on by the team
- Contribute to cross-organizational development forums as well as customer requirements gathering and software validation and training sessions
- Rely on extensive experience and discernment to understand complex problems and resolve them efficiently, use prior knowledge and experience to provide functional and technical support and leadership to team
- Participate in training and orienting new software engineers as they join the team
- Manage and develop careers of team members in line with the organizational goals and objectives
- Accountable for on-time and high-quality releases
- Own and manage risk and mitigation actions and ensure communication of the same with R&D and functional partners
Skills and Experience Required
- First-line manager with hands-on management experience with focus on execution.
- Technical expertise in dealing with complex web-based applications
- Technical expertise in build and operations of Datamart/BI/BW/Data lakes
- Experience in owning and driving Robotics Process Automation, Other Technology roadmaps while delivering high business value
- Ability to articulate the work done by team and represent the team in various internal and external forums
- You have 10+ years of experience designing and building browser-based Microsoft and Java applications using the latest programming languages
- You have 3+ experience leading a development team in an Agile/SCRUM setting, with demonstrable skills in project/task estimation, delegation, and management.
- You have experience, instincts, and enthusiasm around testing and testability
- You are authentic, open and lead by example, holding self and others accountable. You encourage, motivate and collaborate with others
- You anticipate needs and problems while building solutions. You are willing to ask difficult questions and take risks. You greet challenge and change as an opportunity
- You have worked with geographically distributed teams
- You are a highly motivated fast learner who can self-start
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively document artifacts and processes then explain them to others
- You have experience with Amazon Web Services or other leading cloud deployment platforms and services
- You have experience with advanced data visualization techniques and bioinformatics
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalently technical disciplines