The Manager of Logistics is responsible for day-to-day operations of the warehouse to include receiving, put-away, processing returned goods, shipping, and wrapping/packaging operations. The manager will develop and implement programs to improve warehouse and packaging operations, operate operations within budget parameters, direct the purchase of all packing and shipping supplies, and approve invoices and freight bills as necessary. In concert with supply chain management, maintain and manage all transportation carrier relations including the monitoring of on-time performance, claims, customer service level, price, etc.
- Manage and organize the staff to meet or exceed distribution productivity performance standards and achieve business key performance indicators, such as On-Time Delivery and Inventory Accuracy.
- Oversee Warehouse cycle counts and inventory accuracy is maintained in accordance with the SOP
- Establish SOPs and document Processes
- Assist our internal and external business partners in ensuring the most appropriate and cost efficient inbound and outbound transportation modes are used
- Generate Team KPI's and Lead / Participate in tiered accountability meetings
- Review and support the purchasing / planning team to manage transactional activities
- Lead or participate in continuous improvement activities to drive productivity and efficiency gains
- Approve freight invoices and represent the company in supplier disputes. Manage freight claim process.
- Oversee and direct Import/Export compliance activities
- Ensure effective management of people and resources to meet objectives, including developing daily work schedule as workload situation demands, coordinating all warehouse activities to provide a smooth and efficient flow of work, and managing time and attendance of all direct reports.
- Keep alert for new ideas and improvements in operating methods and procedures, making recommendations to improve warehouse layout, workflow, operating costs and customer service, to the Site Leader and other concerned management personnel.
- Interview, hire, train and review performance of personnel in the department according to standard company practices.
- Ensure that the work areas are maintained in a clean and safe manner and that inventories and equipment are properly protected against theft, fire and other hazards that may cause loss or damage.
- Follow-up on hazardous materials packaging, storage and shipping to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Work with EHS Specialist to manage training's including forklift training, and ensure all employees remain compliant with Epredia's Driver Safety Training Program
- Assist in the formulation of annual operating budget and objectives for the Logistics department.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Materials Management, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in inventory/warehouse management and/or supply chain, preferably in a service environment
- Experience in a supervisory and/or managerial position
- Experience with managing a 3PL relationship is preferred
- Experience with import/export requirements and compliance activities
- Working knowledge of MRP principles and materials management is required, experience in JD Edwards is preferred
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must demonstrate proven leadership skills with emphasis on excellent communication, team building, and the ability to motivate a large team.
- Must be able to clearly express his or her ideas to various levels of employees.
- Must have strong problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to drive results.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 70 pounds and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to cover all shifts on a rotational basis