The Outside Sales Rep (OSR) will focus on new business development by selling Alexander Lumber Co.'s full range of Building Materials products to customers and contractors in an assigned territory. The OSR will be working with and selling to contractors by meeting with them at their job sites, understanding their needs, and recommending solutions.
· Generating revenue through consultative selling, building customer relationships with new and existing customers.
· Educate customers on Alexander Lumber Co’s product offering
· Prepare accurate and timely material estimates, professional presentation, timely follow through
· Order products, schedule deliveries to coincide with customer needs
· Find solutions to various issues that may arise.
· Contractor Sales experience preferred.
· Experience in the Building Material’s industry preferred.
· Organized, accurate, good attention to detail.
· Customer service minded.
· Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and insurance.
A family-owned organization, Alexander Lumber Co. has been active in the lumber industry since 1891; the company has been helping build communities for more than 128 years. With a dozen locations, including two truss plants, across Illinois, southeast Wisconsin, and eastern Iowa, Alexander Lumber offers general contractors, custom builders, professional re-modelers, and project-minded consumers a wide selection of high-quality materials and supplies, including lumber, decking, cabinetry, windows, siding, doors, and much more, to complete building projects of any size.
Alexander Lumber takes great pride in the level of customer service and quality of products we provide. We always are looking for high-energy people who want to join a dynamic team that strives to make a difference to our customers and in our communities. Learn more about our legacy at www.alexlbr.com