****Job is located in Iowa City***
Alexander Lumber Company is seeking a full-time CDL Delivery Driver (Class A or B) / Yard Worker for our Iowa City, IA lumber yard. We are a growth-oriented company that has 129 years of experience servicing the professional contractor, the remodeling contractor and do-it-yourself customers.
- Safely operate a variety of delivery trucks to include: flat bed, box trucks, flatbed with TMF
- Load and unload trucks
- Assist customers
- Operate forklifts
- Keeps lumber yard and vehicles clean, well-organized and safe
- This is a “whatever it takes to get the job done” type of position and will need to perform other duties as assigned
- CDL license -- Class A or B
- Clean driving record
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Familiar with building materials including lumber species a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to work outdoors in any weather condition
- Must take and pass a drug test and pre-employment physical
- Must consent to a background check
Must be available to work Monday through Friday. We offer a competitive hourly rate, Full Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Benefits, 401(k) Retirement Savings.
A family-owned organization, Alexander Lumber Co. has been active in the lumber industry since 1891; the company has been helping build communities for more than 128 years. With a dozen locations, including two truss plants, across Illinois, southeast Wisconsin, and eastern Iowa, Alexander Lumber offers general contractors, custom builders, professional re-modelers, and project-minded consumers a wide selection of high-quality materials and supplies, including lumber, decking, cabinetry, windows, siding, doors, and much more, to complete building projects of any size.
Alexander Lumber takes great pride in the level of customer service and quality of products we provide. We always are looking for high-energy people who want to join a dynamic team that strives to make a difference to our customers and in our communities. Learn more about our legacy at www.alexlbr.com