Alexander Haas is widely recognized as one of the leading fundraising consulting firms in the Nation. Our ultimate goal is to help our clients to accomplish and advance their mission by enhancing and expanding their fund raising capacity and the resources available for programs. Alexander Haas has provided fundraising counsel and conducted successful campaigns for nearly 1,000 organizations of virtually every type, from across the country, with goals ranging from $1 million to more than $1 billion.
Alexander Haas is large enough to provide comprehensive services, including on-going and annual giving counsel, Board enhancement services, specialty services including prospect research and donor screening and, of course, seasoned consultants. However, size is not everything and Alexander Haas is committed to the high level of personal service that is required for your fundraising success. Our capital campaign consultants average over twenty years of senior level development and consulting work for non-profits. Our team brings their own unique experiences and personal passions to each client.
Our philosophy espouses three elements that are critical to fundraising success and we feel that it is our duty as counsel to help our clients maximize their potential in these areas:
- A strong, well-articulated case for support
- A sound, written strategy for success; and
- Volunteer and staff leadership committed and trained for fundraising success.
The Fund Development Director will work closely with the Executive Director, and key volunteers to build the financial support needed, including grant writing, to meet our ambitious plan to serve as many children as possible.
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a lean management team with an energetic, whatever-it-takes, start-up approach? Here’s what we have to offer you:
- An experienced and committed Executive Director who will partner with you in your development effort.
- An engaged, motivated Board that works hard, gives generously, and raises funds.
- Strong, cohesive National team support committed to innovation and high standards.
- A team of talented employees who are passionate about working together to create an extraordinary organization.
- Respect for work-life balance. You’ll work hard, and we expect you to recharge your batteries.
- A comprehensive benefit package.
- Salary commensurate with experience
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Passion for serving youth facing the most challenging situations
- Work effectively – with ED, Board of Directors, and independently - to identify and cultivate donors including individuals, corporations and foundations
- Perform prospect research on individuals, corporations, and foundations evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants
- Manage grants calendar
- Grant writing: draft grant applications as per donor guidelines
- Grant reports: draft grant reports as per donor guidelines with input from ED, and Program Director
- Develop and launch a basic communications plan that will focus on educating and raising visibility for donors and prospects. This should include social media channels, newsletters, annual reports, and mass e-mail correspondence
- Manage basic website updates
- Manage eTapestry database inputs and esports as required
- Strive to ensure that organization’s commitment to equity is reflected in all decisions, communications, and processes
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organization, time management, delegation and follow-up skills
- Be willing and able to attend and actively participate in team meetings, staff functions, and development events
- Possess commitment to extreme attention to detail, including but not limited to ability to implement self-checking procedures for data entry, produce accurate correspondence and reports, and produce and edit written materials accurately and consistently
- Have excellent project management and organizational skills to routinely manage and prioritize daily work
- Demonstrate ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Have a passion for serving youth facing the most challenging situations
- Be a self-starter with high level of initiative and willingness to learn
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be social media savvy
Required Education, Experience, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience
- Two to three years of professional experience in sales and/or fundraising desired.
- Full-time work schedule – 40 hours a week – 9:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Benefits – medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Sick Time
- Best in class training –learn a variety of skills & build your resume
- Career progression opportunities