Alexander CPA’s Government service line provides recovery and outsourcing services for state and federal agencies. Alexander CPA is contracted to provide medical recovery audit services to the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA.).
Alexander CPA is currently seeking a Medical Recovery Audit Technician. The position is located at the VA Consolidated Patient Accounting Center in Asheville, North Carolina.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the medical recovery audit process by providing medical documentation from the VA’s electronic health records system (VistA.)
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Reviews medical record requests to ensure completeness for claims processing
· Reviews denials and partially paid claims and help resolve discrepancies
· Manage outstanding inventory as assigned by processing claims support data from electronic medical records
· Complies with all VA and VHA policies
· Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to use computer hardware, software, and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Office
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time
· Healthcare experience
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 08:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Travel Required: Not required
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Commitment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.