Alertus Technologies is a pioneer and ascending market leader in mass notification solutions. When emergencies occur, our products protect the lives of countless staff, students, and personnel. Join an organization where we are passionate about offering well-developed products to our clients and are obsessed with customer satisfaction.
Each individual in our organization has an integral role in the company's success and a direct impact on the life, safety, and well being of countless people at numerous institutions and corporations. We are an extremely loyal team that believes in promoting from within and investing in our employees.Job Description
We are looking for an adaptable team-player to make a meaningful impact to Alertus, its customers, and to the mass emergency notification industry. The Electronics Assembler reports to the Production Manager and is key to bringing our mission to life. In this role, you will be responsible for performing the final assembly of our products before they are packaged and shipped to Alertus customers.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, enjoys problem-solving, and brings the needed technical skills to help bolster our production team. We are looking for someone to hit the ground running and to become an invaluable member of our production team.
This is a temporary, in-office position that will have an initial 4-month time frame with the potential to be converted to full-time employment at the end of the temporary short-term contract based on job performance, world economic conditions, and/or company needs at the time.
A Day in the Life:
- Assemble core Alertus solutions and products in a timely manner by using production equipment safely and successfully
- Assemble printed circuit boards, electronic assemblies, or prototype models according to engineering instructions, drawings, blueprints, schematics, and/or diagrams
- Document all work orders correctly as required in Alertus’ Standard Operating Procedures
- Work together with Production team to effectively and efficiently deploy Alertus solutions to our customers
- Collaborate with Production Manager to test products and help resolve any assembly issues prior to shipment
- Follow Alertus’ assembly procedures while communicating ideas to improve and/or streamline processes
- Appropriately escalate build issues to the Production Manager
What You’ll Need:
- Associate’s degree and/or certification(s)
- Electronics manufacturing related work experience
- Experience operating various hand tools, cable crimp tools, hand power tools, or additional machine tools to assemble or fabricate electronic assemblies
- Ability to read schematics, identify components, and follow intricate instructions to assemble complex mechanical/electrical products as assigned
- Knowledge or familiarity with low- and high-voltage chassis wiring
- Expertise with ESD, static dissipative methods, and controlled-torque tools
- IPC-WHMA-620 certification and/or wiring and cable assembly experience is a plus!
- IPA-A-610 soldering certification and/or inspection training is a plus!
- Experience working with an ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and/or AS9100 environment
- Familiarity with SMT manufacturing processes and defects
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Alertus Technologies LLC