Director Planning and Inventory
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Alert Innovation is a fast-growing company on a mission to reinvent retailing through robotics. We've partnered with the world's largest retailer to develop our Alphabot® technology, which is currently being deployed at stores throughout North America.
We're seeking a Director of Planning and Inventory to be responsible for the following materials areas: SIOP, Master Scheduling, Material Requirements Planning & Parameter Management, Production & Inventory Control, Production Planning (Transfer Orders), Warehousing and Inventory Management.
This position works closely and cross-functionally with sales, supply chain, Deployment Delivery Team program office, engineering, configuration & documentation control, finance, deployment installations, service & support, and operations leadership to secure an effective flow of materials to meet Alert's order-to-delivery and service needs. In addition, the role is responsible for managing metrics to the agreed-upon scorecard.
What you'll work on:
- Overseeing and leading the SIOP process driving demand through the entire planning horizon for contracted projects, forecasted projects, and service inventory.
- Translating the SIOP approved plan to actionable demand driving in the ERP system.
- Strategically setting and ensuring all applicable ERP capabilities and functions are appropriately managed to achieve the desired level of output and at the optimal level of risk.
- Enabling the cascading of the plan through the ERP system to generate forecasts throughout the Order-to-Delivery process.
- Collaborating with Deployment Delivery Team Core Members to ensure capacity is available in line with the SIOP needs.
- Leading the detailed production planning process (Transfer Orders) and its transactions per the Deployment Schedule to ensure material movement to sites are on-time and complete.
- Representing the Material's Organization on Site specific project teams to coordinate material availability and resolve issues in collaboration with Supply Chain.
- Defining and leading the Transfer Order process to simplify, optimize, and scale the production control activities required to enable Site Deployments.
- Overseeing disposition of Engineering Change Orders (ECO's) as it relates to planning activities. Ensure that planning parameters are set-up correctly as they translate into ERP.
- Leading Alert's warehousing strategy, and the management of all warehouses/3PLs.
- Driving financial accountability of all aspect of inventory management supporting Alert's deployments and service requirements while optimizing cash flow management.
- Teaming with Finance to ensure the right inventory practices are practiced and meet the required financial routines and controls requirements.
- Defining, reporting, and acting on Planning, Inventory, and Material metrics.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years experience in planning, inventory, logistics, or supply chain
- Extensive knowledge using ERP and PLM systems.
- Strong materials management experience including customized manufacturing, multi-level Bill of Material in a high-tech business.
- Strong experience in planning, inventory management, production control, and supporting final assembly type environments.
- Strong familiarity with 3PL (3rd Party Logistics) firms or warehousing.
- Strong analytical nature - able to extract data/reporting into Excel and manipulate data.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proven experience in building high-performance teams in support of Alert's Planning and Inventory strategy and goals.
- Training in LEAN with practical application and leadership experience
What we offer:
- Highly competitive pay for the Boston market in which we're based
- Great benefits — medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401K match, flexible spending accounts, and up to 12 weeks of parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off — we encourage Alertians to take time off to re-energize and we trust our team to make choices that work for them and their team
- Company-wide holidays — we take time off as a company and recognize nine holidays throughout the year
- Learning & Development — we'll reimburse tuition and learning opportunities both on and off the job
- Flexible Work Schedules — we offer a flexible work environment inclusive of remote and hybrid work schedules based on team requirements
- Employee Assistance Program — to assist with your emotional health, parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal, and financial consultation needs
- Food and Fuel — we have the best coffee in the Boston area and it's roasted by our founder! Lunch is provided daily for our team in the office and our kitchens are fully stocked with snacks and beverages
Learn more about why we were named a 2022 Best Place to Work at alertinnovation.com/careers.
Alert Innovation offers a safe work environment for its employees and partners. All employees, contractors, interns, and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated. Additional COVID precautions, such as wearing face masks, hand washing, and hand sanitizing are also common practices in all Alert Innovation facilities. We are a flexible work environment and offer on-site and hybrid work schedules based on team requirements.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
BusinessView all jobs at Alert Innovation
Get fresh Alert Innovation jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.