Are you part tech guru and customer service savvy? Do friends refer to you as Mr. or Mrs. Fixit? Are you the one your grandparents call when they need help with newfangled gadgets?
We’re not sure if there’s a better job out there. As a Technical Support Specialist, you’ll advance your skills within a rapidly growing industry and help home and business owners across the country – all from the comfort of an air-conditioned national support center and comfy chair. At Alert 360, we provide home and business owners leading smart security and home automation solutions (including mobile app control) and you the background and support needed to thrill them with reliable, timely, and professional service over the phone.
At Alert 360, we’re super dedicated to customer service and a team-oriented workplace, which makes your job easier and brag worthy. There’s proof in our title as “One of the Best Companies to Work in Oklahoma” (two years in a row!) and our A+ Better Business Bureau rating.
As one of the fastest-growing and Top 10 automation and security providers in the nation and with our award-winning products and services as your toolbox, the knowledge you’ll gain – and the service you provide – will literally unlock doors for you and our customers. We’re expanding monthly; with service branches and/or customer centers in 14 cities, we provide room to grow personally and professionally!
• Provide over-the-phone support to our residential and commercial customers who need assistance or have questions about their security or automation equipment
• Share a passion for problem solving and multi-tasking
• Are adaptable, flexible, and have a willingness and desire to assist others
• Provide technical support to customers by researching and troubleshooting problems, while maintaining customer safety
• The ability to listen, communicate and identify root cause and respond accordingly
• The ability to empathize with customers and provide a calm, positive experience
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to respond to individual customer needs in a professional and pleasant manner
• Great interpersonal skills and prior customer service experience
• Enjoy talking on the phone and clearly convey helpful steps that help customers
• Patience and ability to manage stress
• Ability to make sound decisions and use proper discretion in handling customer issues within company guidelines
• Ability to be polite, compassionate, and confident
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Technical degrees/certifications are a plus
• Schedule flexibility (6:30 am – 10:00 pm), including weekends and holidays
• Recent technical support experience in a call center environment
• Pass required testing
• Prompt and predictable attendance
• Deliver world-class customer service that builds customer satisfaction and loyalty
• Troubleshoot all technical inquiries regarding company hardware and products over the phone
• Make the best use of all resources/tools and technology to troubleshoot and resolve customer technical issues
• Provide effective and timely resolution of a range of customer inquires
• Strive for one-call resolution of customer issues
• Increase the customer experience by providing information on new products, programming package and services through upselling opportunities
• Ability to utilize PC keyboarding efficiently and accurately with proficient data entry skills
• Type a Minimum 30-40 wpm
• Stay current on company policies, procedures as described in employee handbook
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
• Be a team player and interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers
• Assist with all other tasks as needed or assigned
• Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
THE BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Did you know we were named a “Best Places to Work” in Oklahoma? Because Alert 360 hires the best people for our growing and talented team, we work hard to provide perks, within a positive and supportive culture, that make team members’ lives better. Our comprehensive benefit program includes but is not limited to:
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans
- A generous paid time off program starting at three weeks and increasing with your tenure
- A 401-K plan where the company matches dollar for dollar on a generous % you contribute
- Financial protection through disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- To help you manage your work and life needs we offer a life assistance program, tuition reimbursement, an on-site gym, employee fitness walks and free home security monitoring, with discounted security and home automation equipment.
When you join Alert 360, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become part of the Alert 360 family, a group of talented team members working together to Make It Happen!
-Equal Opportunity Employer-