Dickerson Insurance Services, an Alera Group Company is currently seeking a Customer Service Representative to join their Employee Benefits team. This position has the primary responsibility of providing exceptional customer service to the team and their clients. In this role, successful candidates need to have strong interpersonal skills and good judgement to communicate with tact and confidence while attending to time-sensitive, confidential information.
Dickerson Employee Benefits was founded more than 50 years ago by Carl Dickerson. From this one-man operation, selling insurance door-to-door, the company has grown to include employee benefits, property and casualty insurance and consulting services among its offerings. Today, the company is a partner firm of Alera Group. Alera Group offers industry expertise in insurance services and wealth management, combined with the ability for partner firms to preserve their company cultures, staffing and business models. For more information, please visit: https://dickerson-group.com/
- Review and process new hire and change of coverage applications for employees.
- Process group-level change requests and resolve group billing discrepancies.
- Handle escalated member claim issues and manage resolution of group policy issues.
- Ensure that pending request follow-up is executed and determine that requests have been processed by the carrier. Notify requester that their issue(s) has been processed.
- Process agent appointments for group business on behalf of Dickerson brokers.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum 2-3 years of health industry experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of health insurance terminology, small group offerings, and insurance operations workflows, preferred.
- Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of MS Office Suite and ability to quickly learn applicable software programs.
Dickerson Employee Benefits has deep roots in the minority and culturally diverse communities of California. The belief that all people should have equal access to affordable health care is still at the core of the business. From its headquarters near historic Dodger stadium, the company provides sales and service support throughout California and the United States.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. #ZR