We are currently seeking an experienced Telemetry Registered Nurse with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate provides for his or her patients and exceeding expectations. As a RN in telemetry nursing you will use high-tech equipment to monitor patient conditions and progress. Tele nurses typically take care of patients recently released from the ICU who are often at risk for developing complications; these nurses, therefore, must be able to take appropriate action when problems arise. Common conditions that require telemetry nurses include cardiac surgery, renal failure, COPD, sleep disorders, neurological problems, epilepsy, and cancer. Duties of telemetry nurses include careful review of the patient's vitals, maintenance of telemetry equipment, administration of medication, and communication with the patient and family. Because patients require round-the-clock monitoring, telemetry RNs often work long hours, night shifts, weekends, and holidays. Consequently, telemetry nurses are in high demand and their wages are above average.
Job Skills / Requirements:
· Valid BLS and ACLS from the American Heart Association
· A valid professional license within the state of practice
· Specialty-related certifications are preferred and may be required for specific positions
· Proof of right to work in the United States
· Experience as a telemetry RN in a hospital setting