We are currently seeking an experienced Emergency Room Registered Nurse with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate provides for his or her patients and exceeding expectations. As a RN in the emergency room will be responsible for assessing a patient's injuries or condition upon arrival. A successful emergency room nurse must have excellent attention to detail and verbal communication skills. The nurse must be able to identify signs and symptoms and communicate the assessment of the patient to the physician. The ER nurse assists in implementing treatment plans, explaining prescription information, administering IVs, medications, and injections, and conducting EKGs and other triage elements. Emergency room nurses must understand hospital discharge policies, as well as government policies on treating, transferring, and discharging patients from the hospital. When patients are being discharged from the ER, emergency room nurses must educate the patient and patient’s family about home treatment. Ideal candidates for emergency room travel nurse positions combine a calm temperament with the ability to work long shifts in a stressful and busy environment.
Job Skills / Requirements:
· Valid BLS, ACLS, and PALS from the American Heart Association
· A valid professional license within the state of practice
· The Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) credential is recommended and may be required for specific travel nurse positions
· Other specialty-related certifications are preferred and may be required for specific Emergency Room assignments
· Proof of right to work in the United States
· ER experience in a hospital setting