Certified Surgical Technologist II Round Rock, TX
SHIFT: Full Time Evenings (rotating weekends)
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. With 171 beds, the hospital’s comprehensive services include advanced cardiac care at the Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David's Round Rock—the first specialized cardiac facility in Williamson County—with the only Hybrid Operating Room (OR) in the county; as well as emergency services in a 24-hour emergency department, including advanced trauma care with a Level II Trauma Center; St. David's Urgent Care Round Rock; and St. David's Emergency Center in Cedar Park. St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is also known for providing advanced orthopedic and robotic services, among other complex specialties. In 2016, the hospital received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence from Healthgrades and also earned a national distinction for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group.
Under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse, the surgical team through case preparation, surgical assistance, and after care of operating room patients, equipment and supplies. The technician also participates in unit activities.
- Assists in delivery of patient care.
- Assembles and prepares for procedures.
- Participates in performance of procedures.
- Assists with procedure completion.
- Assists with delivery of age appropriate care to patients.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, orderly, and safe environment.
- Insures availability of safe instruments and equipment.
- Returns equipment and supplies appropriately to contamination to proper storage following completion of procedure.
- Consistently demonstrates efficiency and timelines during case turnover.
- Participates in performance improvement (quality assurance).
- Takes appropriate action to prevent/manage accidents in the area.
- Participates in budget and inventory control.
- Updates procedure cards when changes are necessary.
- Participates in staff and self-development.
- Performs other duties as delegated.
- Demonstrates positive customer service skills.
- Facilitates adhesiveness of Surgical services.
Required: High School diploma or equivalent. Completion of accredited Surgical Technologist Program and successfully completed certification exam; or a minimum of (6) years of recent experience as a surgical technician with demonstrated competency in five or more specialties to include General, GYN, Ortho, Neuro and Plastics; good customer relations skills; effective verbal, written, and face-to-face communication skills.
Required: Current certification as BLS Healthcare Provider. Certified Surgical Tech.
Types of Services
Advanced cardiac care at the Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David's Round Rock—the first specialized cardiac facility in Williamson County—with the only Hybrid Operating Room (OR) in the county. St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is also known for providing advanced orthopedic and robotic services, among other complex specialties
- Must be certified
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 yrs. Experience
- Must have cardiac experience for cardiac opening
Compensation: Salary range from $22.39-$31.34 based on the years of experience. Sign on bonus up to $10K with a 2year commitment. Relocation assistance available up to $5K