We are currently seeking an experienced Certified Surgical Technologist with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate provides for his or her patients and exceeding expectations. As a Certified Surgical Technologist you will generally care for surgical patients under the supervision of a registered nurse and attending doctor(s) of the patient's case. They are responsible for preparing, selecting, and maintaining any and all surgical equipment, and must also be able to clean and maintain a variety of surgical tools. They may occasionally be responsible for ensuring that the surgical room is prepared with all necessary tools before a procedure takes place, and different procedures often call for different surgical tools, so a CST must understand when certain tools a necessary.
Aspiring certified surgical technologist should graduate from an accredited program under the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program or maintain current certification through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting Organization. Other requirements may vary by employer, and all CSTs must be prepared to multitask between different demands at once. They must sometimes work directly from one procedure to the next, some of which are close to each other in time-frames, and the ability to work long hours is important to be part of surgical teams which contribute to patients' successful surgical outcomes.
Certified Surgical Technologist Responsibilities:
- Prepare sterile operating rooms for surgeries.
- Sterilize equipment and instruments.
- Stock adequate supplies for surgery.
- Prepare patients for surgery by washing and disinfecting incision sites.
- Provide support during surgery by passing instruments and other supplies.
- Track surgical supplies.
- Stay up-to-date on surgical technology, medical terminology, and procedures.
- Work well with surgeons, surgical assistant, nurses and general surgical team.
- Help provide great patient care.