Legal Assistant - Remote Work from Home!
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Aldridge Pite, LLP is a multi-state law firm that focuses heavily on the utilization of technology to create work flow synergies with its clients and business partners. Aldridge Pite is a full-service provider of legal services to depository and non-depository financial institutions including banks, credit unions, mortgage servicing concerns, institutional investors, private firms, and other commercial clients. Aldridge Pite is dedicated to providing best-in-class representation across all of its Practice Areas through its unwavering subscription to three fundamental tenets: Partnership, Integrity, and Innovation.
A Legal Assistant assists and provides a range of legal support and administration to lawyers and other legal professionals engaged in the firm’s practice of representing financial institutions in foreclosure. A Paralegal position is not exempt from overtime laws.
Specific Duties, Activities and Responsibilities
Assisting attorneys in the representation of clients in litigation or bankruptcy proceedings including, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Draft legal documents including pleadings, briefs, motions and agreements
- Organize and track case files assigned.
- Draft legal documents including pleadings/ motions/affidavits/declarations.
- Proof legal forms and documents for accuracy.
- Communicate with clients, title vendors, and other third parties as needed
- Provide responses/updates to clients.
- Handle other projects or tasks assigned.
- High school diploma required
- At least one year experience as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal
- Paralegal certificate a plus but not required
- Thorough knowledge of legal principles, legal research techniques and legal terminology.
- In depth knowledge of government regulations.
- Relevant computer knowledge and experience.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent research, analytical, critical thinking skills.
General Competency Factors
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Effectively communicates with all clients (via Client Systems, e-mail and phone).
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Conscientious with respect to work completion, deadlines, time management and attendance.
- Takes initiative in face of obstacles and identifies what needs to be done and takes action.
- Demonstrates commitment to Firm’s vision, mission, and core values.
- Processes work in compliance with Client requirements as well as SOPs and Operations Matrices.
- Analytical and detail oriented, while working at a fast pace and capable of multi-tasking.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Must be a team player and willing to help others in their department whenever necessary.
- Develops professional relationships and builds rapport with others.
- Overall good work ethic and willingness to adapt to change.
Aldridge Pite, LLP is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Aldridge Pite LLP
LegalView all jobs at Aldridge Pite LLP