Senior System Administrator
Aldrich Technology Portland, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you looking to be part of a growing team? We're a west coast based MSP supporting a variety of clients up and down the west coast. We partner with companies at every stage to help them use technology to grow and strengthen their organizations. We hire technical staff to help our clients become more productive by assisting them when things are not working right, and educating them on business standards, tools and technologies needed to work effectively. This is a full time Senior System Administration position based in the Portland area.
Aldrich Technology employees are committed to our client’s success. Our team has decades of experience with technology, systems and infrastructure initiatives across many industries. We believe successful solutions include communication, responsiveness and execution. That difference motivates our entire company and all of our customers' satisfaction. We offer skills coaching to help every member of our team embrace our customer focused culture and expectations. We are looking for individuals that want a career where they will facilitate positive change and can be a champion for outstanding customer service to our customers.
- Provide System Administration to our entire client base
- Maintenance and problem solving with respect to server and cloud based infrastructure
- Operate the firewall for our client base
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers and integrate automation processes
- Use of the latest security protocols
- Provide feedback on work in progress
- Provide documentation and technical specification to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Work closely with departmental managers to determine future infrastructure needs and plan for network/server changes
- Act as a point of technical escalation including the ability to work with individuals with a wide range of computer skills, specifically when communicating technical information
- Ability to provide support for mid to large enterprise level organizations
- Other duties/tasks as assigned
Education and Experience
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- 3-6 years’ experience as a System Administrator in a Corporate environment
- Hands on experience using and/or troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2019, Windows Server 2016 and 2019
- Working knowledge of configuring SharePoint and Azure Active Directory
- Hands on experience using and/or troubleshooting MS-SQL, MS 365 and application servers
- Ability to construct MS Teams, OneDrive and similar Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of network protocols such as SMB, SSH, telnet, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Must have reliable transportation and should expect that commutes are subject to change and could at times be 50 plus miles round trip
- Candidates should expect to work overtime, the average work week is 45 hours
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent experience
Aldrich Technology is part of the Aldrich Group of Companies which includes a Top 100 Accounting firm nationally as well as affiliate companies serving a variety of business needs from accounting to employee benefits. We deliver technology guidance, networking solutions and managed IT services to help organizations effectively use technology. Our team of system experts, networking professionals and cybersecurity specialists keeps organizations operating securely and efficiently.
Aldrich is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary and Benefits
Our employees enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, flexible benefits plan, 401(k) plan, profit-sharing, and 401(k) match, paid holidays, volunteer hours, as well as vacation and sick leave in the form of a paid time-off bank.
Submit a resume and cover letter.
Aldrich TechnologyWhy Work Here?
We exist to improve the lives of our people, our clients and our communities.
Our team has decades of experience with technology, systems and infrastructure initiatives across many industries. We help our clients think strategically about the technology they use, identify gaps, and recommend areas for improving productivity across business functions as well as IT support and security. We serve as a resource that brings expertise on new technologies and presents custom solutions for your business by building sound, expandable foundational infrastructures that support corporate growth.