Aldi Miami, FL
- Expired: April 25, 2019. Applications are no longer accepted.
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our store employees are the face of the ALDI shopping experience. Their hard work makes it possible to uphold our company philosophy, providing quality products at the best possible price. Their smiles and pleasant demeanors keep customers coming back time and time again. Our store employees work many roles - from store associate to cashier to stocker - while providing excellent customer service. As a store employee, you're also responsible for merchandising product, monitoring inventory and keeping the store looking its best. It's an opportunity to get more out of your career and grow in an exciting environment.
Position Type: Part-Time
Average Hours: Less than 25 hours/week
Starting Wage: $13.50/hour plus a pay increase within the first year of employment
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Unloads and unpacks items and stocks shelves with received inventory.
• Organizes new inventory arriving; ensures inventory is directed to correct location.
• Removes and breaks down empty boxes.
• Operates machinery and follows all safety procedures
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Performs within ALDI ACTS Competencies as outlined below.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Delivers excellent performance by proactively taking concrete actions that adhere to ALDI policies and procedures, and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve results.
• Models ALDI Image: Presents self in a professional way in both typical and challenging situations which promotes a positive ALDI experience for customers and co-workers.
• Plans and Prioritizes: Makes decisions, sets priorities and organizes information while thinking about the pros and cons of possible outcomes and maintaining compliance with ALDI standards.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Selects products efficiently and accurately.
• Ability to safely and properly operate powered industrial equipment.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Regularly required to stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the store.
• Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving.
• Ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
- Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.Employment Type: Part-Time (less than 25 hours / week)