Electronic Engineering Manager
Alcoa Agency Seal Beach, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Electronics Engineering Manager is responsible for performing a wide variety of engineering and project management tasks, including but not limited to, supervising the electrical engineering team and manages product development projects.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Additional responsibilities and requirements may change at any time with or without notice.
**MUST HAVE ELECTRONICS EXPERIENCE**
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for direct supervision of electrical engineering team to create leading-edge, low-power, highly compact designs for data acquisition, sensor, and embedded recording platforms.
- Plan, scope, and manage product development projects by monitoring hours, cost, and other indicators.
- Close gaps between team members’ communications, tools, materials, and schedule anomalies.
- Report progress on cost vs. budget, schedule, performance, risks, possible missing deadlines, and resources conflicts to the Director, Engineering and Executive Team.
- Coordinate with firmware, software, mechanical, quality, technicians, planners, and other engineering resources to ensure design for manufacturability (DFM) and design for test (DFT).
- Develop and maintain process & infrastructure for electronic design and validation including releases and New Product Introduction (NPI) documentation packages.
- Review and sign-off new electronic designs at the conceptual, schematic, board release, initial test, and hand off to production phases. Participate in and support the Engineering Change Order (ECO) process.
- Perform other related responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Responsibilities and Duties satisfactorily. The qualifications and skills listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities for the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or similar discipline and substantial related experience in engineering management and/or project management role or the equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary. Master’s degree in Engineering (MSEE) or similar discipline is a plus.
- Previous experience working with analog and digital circuit design, schematics, board layout, as well as, working with PCBA manufacturers is necessary. Altium NEXUS experience is a plus.
- Previous experience in data acquisition system design is strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of test and measurement industry is a plus.
- Previous project management experience working with small teams as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously is a plus.
- Ability to understand project requirements via Product Design Specifications (PDS) in order to meet deadlines while working with other departments such as Business Development, Sales, Technical Support, and Operations is preferred.
- Ability to adhere to existing schedule templates using industry-standard milestones such as PDR, CDR is necessary.
- Ability to effectively lead/manage an engineering team utilizing strong analytical, reasoning, inter-personal communication, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skill is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately address and document details, meet deadlines, and communicate/work effectively with other departments in a professional, diplomatic manner is necessary.
- Demonstrated proficiency using various computer programs, such as Windows 7/8/10, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and Microsoft Project.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Equipment Use
- This position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. The work environment is a production and engineering area and typical business office. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and have the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional US and/or international travel to customer, vendor, corporate, and/or other sites may be necessary based on business or customer needs.
AddressSeal Beach, CA
EngineeringView all jobs at Alcoa Agency