Alcoa Agency Santa Ana, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are hiring for California's leading Electronic Contract Manufacturers, providing quick-turn PCBA and Cable Assembly solutions to the Electronics Industry.
They work hand-in-hand with customers to develop and implement complete manufacturing solutions that meet the business challenges for Aerospace, ITAR/Military, Industrial and Medical OEMs.
Under the guidance of the Supply Chain Manager, and with the corporate Purchasing team, the buyer is responsible for purchasing all electronics, electrical components, assemblies, services, and contract manufacturing commodities (electronics and electro-mechanical) from Global sources.
• Place orders based on MRP demands.
• Verifies pricing, delivery, and other terms within established contracts or quotation.
• Expedites as needed to meet production demand schedule. Works with incoming inspection and receiving to resolve raw material discrepancies.
• Tracks supplier performance delivery and pricing.
• Completes material quotation, price negotiation, and alternate material proposals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze Materials Requirements Planning process (MRP).
• Perform new planned buys, reschedule, cancel, and supplier delivery confirmations.
• Manage procurement of material and work on reducing the overall material cost.
• Review lead-time and minimum order quantities (MOQ) based on quotes or contracts prior to placing orders.
• Track purchase orders in a timely manner and inform the operations team and program management of any potential issues.
• Work directly with planning to review MRP and other demand changes.
• Work with Engineers on any change orders (ECO) that impacts any open orders.
• Complete resolution of Accounts Payable issues.
• Work on resolving receiving discrepancy, RTV, and MRB issues.
• Negotiate pricing, delivery and other terms and conditions.
• Manage inventory goals and not to exceed the operations inventory goal. At the same time, make sure attrition rate guidelines are applied.
• Heavily involved with the completion of customer quotes. Encompasses material quotation, outsourcing / outside process quotes, alternative material proposal and etc.
*Compensation commensurate with experience - DOE
Preferred Work Experience:
- * Must have at least 1+ year of experience in contract manufacturing industry or electronic assembly environment.*
- Hands on experience in purchasing printed circuit boards, active & passive components, wire, cable, connectors, machined parts and other raw material commodities.
- Working knowledge of MS Windows, Excel, and Word – is a must.
- Experience with MRP planning is required - experience with MiSys, Sage, Calcuquote (quote software) a plus.
- Bilingual a plus (English, Mandarin, Cantonese, or Spanish).
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Preferred Education and/or Licenses and/or Certification:
• Bachelor's Degree is preferred (not required)
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Alcoa Agency participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team members are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility. __
AddressSanta Ana, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Alcoa Agency