Housing Voucher Program Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
The largest housing authority in the State of New Mexico is looking for an energetic, conscientious and detail oriented individual who enjoys making a difference, being part of a team and takes pride in their career to work in our fast paced office.
HOUSING VOUCHER PROGRAM MANAGER FOR THE SECTION 8 DEPARTMENT
Compensation: $49,611 - $70,771
FLSA Status: Exempt
Closing Date/Time: The position is considered open until filled
POSITION FUNCTION SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the Deputy Director, the Housing Voucher Program Manager is responsible for managing multiple housing voucher projects in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations and in accordance with community development, affordable housing, and service coordination best practices.
The Housing Voucher Program Manager is a supervisory and managerial role. The position plans, organizes, manages, and supervises the work of staff engaged in providing housing assistance subsidies and services to low income households to ensure that housing voucher program participants access and maintain safe, affordable, and sustainable housing opportunities. Ensures technical compliance with all applicable program policy, procedure and regulatory requirements. Supports staff to manage caseloads, provide excellent customer service, partner with community organizations, work in teams, and independently problem solve and complete individual scopes of work. Conducts quality control reviews by reviewing files, reports, and issues. Explains and interprets program requirements to staff, owners, and tenants. Reviews and approves the evaluation of noncompliance and denial findings and takes the lead developing department strategic plans, processes, forms, and other tools as necessary.
Education and Experience: Required:
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in Public Administration, Business Administration, Planning, Finance, Accounting, Property Management, Public Housing Management, Social Work, Family Studies, Sociology, Community Development or closely related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in housing management, inspections, property management, social services, case management or other experience working with low income vulnerable populations.
- Three (3) years of experience in supervising in a management or an administrative capacity.
- Three (3) years of experience working in a federally or state funded program.
- Three (3) years of experience in the monitoring and/or evaluation of housing and/or other programs supporting low income populations.
- In lieu of five (5) years experience, thirty (30) hours of college-level courses/credits and four (4) years of experience or an Associate's degree and three (3) years' experience or a Bachelor's degree and one (1) year of experience or a Master's degree.
- In lieu of supervisory experience, documented completion of a supervisory training program.
- For internal candidates, documented completion of a supervisory training program within six (6) months
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures and federal documents. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from vendors, contractors, supervisors, co-workers, residents, and city/county agencies.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
- Driving and reliable transportation are requirements of this position.
We offer competitive compensation and very attractive fringe benefits including medical (including gym membership), dental, vision, 10 paid holidays, paid leave, PERA pension, free basic life insurance, volunteer life, paid STD and LTD, 457 and an employee assistance program.
AHA strives to maintain a drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, AHA adheres to the Drug-free Workplace Act of 1988 and, accordingly, AHA conducts pre-employment drug screening as well as drug testing of employees in cases of reasonable suspicion.
***RESUMES NOT ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF APPLICATION***
Albuquerque Housing Authority
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?