- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Since 1985, Albuquerque Health Care for the Homeless has dedicated its mission exclusively to providing services to people experiencing homelessness. AHCH provides a distinctive continuum of integrated care through outreach and site-based services to address the health-related causes and consequences of homelessness. Our vision is to live in a world that is just and without homelessness. We believe that homelessness is an issue that can be solved through access to quality health care, adequate and affordable housing, and a living wage.
AHCH is seeking a Physician or Advance Practice Provider as a full-time Medical Director to provide leadership, clinical oversight, and patient care in the Medical program. We are a team dedicated to the community we serve, driven by our passion of mission, commitment to exceptional patient care, and workforce excellence. This position is an 80/20 split of clinical and admin time (respectively) and reports to the Chief Clinical Officer. The Medical Director leads a team of physicians, advanced practice providers,, and registered nurses, while working collaboratively with social services and behavioral health leadership in an integrated model. We are looking for a candidate with a desire to expand their leadership skills and to also bring their personal contribution to strategic goals and innovation to patient care. If this sounds like a fit for you, please apply!
We welcome both physicians and advance practice providers to apply. Our salary range for the position reflects the range of candidates we will consider in terms of qualifications and years of experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide medical leadership and work with other disciplines toward integrative approaches to patient care
- Provide direct patient care to those experiencing homelessness both at the clinic site and through outreach locations in the Bernalillo County service area
- Provide clinical supervision to physicians and advance practice providers
- Engage in performance management and coaching/development of medical staff through performance reviews and regular feedback
- Serve as a cross-department clinical resource for AHCH staff
- Collaborate with other staff in treatment planning and provide in-service trainings
- Oversee, in conjunction with Practice Operations Manager, the training and department-specific onboarding of new medical staff and volunteer providers
- Implement peer review process for medical providers
- Coordinate clinical precepting and clinical orientation and training of medical students and residents
- Implement periodic review and update of formulary
- Coordinate continuity of care for AHCH patients hospitalized and through medical respite upon release
- Participate in annual planning, budget, and service goal development for medical program
- Serve as liaison to UNM School of Medicine, hospitals, safety net system providers, and other organizations
- Network with NM Department of Health, NM Primary Care Association, and other community agencies to ensure coordinated practices and unduplicated delivery of services
- Assist in the development of the electronic health record templates and patient portal and assist in training of the EHR in the medical program
- Represent AHCH and mission/priorities/objectives in public presentations
- Participate on management team, manager/coordinator meetings regularly and board meetings periodically
- Ensure QI/QA and compliance of medical practice; serves as member of QI Oversight Workgroup
- Develop and implement AHCH medical/clinical policies and procedures, including integration with other programs
- Ability to thrive in a complex non-profit and health compliance setting
- Ability to work with peers to lead change, high performance, and innovation
- Proven track record of effectively leading in a direct service organization with a complex array of programs
- Capacity to mentor providers to acquire specific skills, and develop providers who will make significant contributions to the organization and team
- Ability to have long-term, strategic vision balanced with addressing day-to-day issues
- Be a mission-driven leader with a preference to work in a values-base, patient-centered organization
- Ability to analyze data and use data to communicate relationship between accomplishing service/productivity goals to the financial sustainability of the organization
- Have a strong desire to work in an integrated/ cross-disciplinary team model
- For physicians MD or DO licensed (or eligible) in New Mexico
- Advance Practice Providers must be licensed (or eligible) in New Mexico for their respective degree
- Physician must be Board certification or Board eligible in one of the following specialties: family medicine, internal medicine, addiction medicine; or extensive experience in one of these specialties
- DEA and CSR license for New Mexico
- For Physicians 3 or more years of progressive leadership experience in a healthcare setting. For Advance Practice Providers 5 or more years of progressive leadership experience in a healthcare setting.
- Approximately two years experience working in a federally qualified health center setting (or similar)
- Experience with vulnerable or underserved populations
- Previous experience working for Community Health Center or Federally Qualified Health Center
Bilingual speakers, Spanish speakers, People of Color, LGBTQIA+, veterans, persons with disabilities, and women encouraged to apply.
Albuquerque Health Care for the Homeless is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. We comply with State and Federal employment practice laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of an applicant’s age, race, ethnicity, creed, national origin, religion, veteran status, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation.
All benefits start the month after you begin work:
- Low cost medical, vision, and dental insurance with health club membership
- Life insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment fully paid for by organization
- Long Term Disability fully paid for by organization
- Paid Time Off - 24 days in first year of employment
- Catastrophic Sick Time accrual
- 7 Paid holidays
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with employer match
- Paid New Mexico State License renewal
- Yearly stipend towards CEUs
- Student loan forgiveness eligible
Albuquerque Health Care for the HomelessAlbuquerque, NM
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.