- Posted: 9 days ago
Since 1985, Albuquerque Health Care for the Homeless has dedicated its mission exclusively to providing services to people experiencing homelessness. AHCH provides a distinctive continuum of integrated care through outreach and site-based services to address the health-related causes and consequences of homelessness. Our vision is to live in a world that is just and without homelessness. We believe that homelessness is an issue that can be solved through access to quality health care, adequate and affordable housing, and a living wage.
This is a social services position where staff are required to engage with clients.
We are looking for a Client Advocate to join our team in operating and maintaining our Resource Center, under the supervision of the Resource Center Coordinator. The Client Advocate will maintain a welcoming environment for clients and representatives from other community service providers. The Client Advocate will work directly with clients to identify appropriate social service referrals and assistance programs, both within the organization and externally in the community. In addition to working in the Resource Center, the Client Advocate will also provide support to other programs on-site and in outreach settings as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies social needs and makes referrals
- Provides assistance in access to appropriate social services, resources, benefits, and support networks
- Assists clients in applications for housing, motel vouchers, public benefits (Medicaid and SNAP), and State ID/Birth Certificates
- Participates in agency outreaches as needed
- Completes required documentation and data entry tasks
- Maintains a warm and welcoming environment for clients and representatives from other community resources
- Provides administrative and clerical support for Resource Center, including answering phones, maintaining files, organizing and stocking supplies, monitoring client usage of phones, computers, and showers
- Performs daily tasks to maintain space, equipment, supplies, and resources in the Resource Center
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of relevant work or volunteer experience in social services or direct customer service
- Associates Degree in Human Services or related field
- Experience working with underserved populations
- Experience working with persons experiencing behavioral health issues (or lived experience of behavioral health recovery)
- Knowledge of Social Services resources in Albuquerque, NM
- Bilingual or Spanish speaking
Bilingual or Spanish speaking, People of Color, LGBTQIA+, veterans, persons with disabilities, and women encouraged to apply.
Albuquerque Health Care for the Homeless is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. We comply with State and Federal employment practice laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of an applicant’s age, race, ethnicity, creed, national origin, religion, veteran status, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation.
All benefits start the month after you begin work:
- Low cost medical, vision, and dental insurance with health club membership
- Life insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment fully paid for by organization
- Long Term Disability fully paid for by organization
- Paid Time Off - 24 days in first year of employment
- Catastrophic Sick Time accrual
- 7 Paid holidays
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with employer match
- Student loan forgiveness eligible
Albuquerque Health Care for the Homeless
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?