Systems Specialist II
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
This position is responsible for assisting in the operation of the department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and or as necessary. In addition to the responsibilities below, the Systems Specialist II performs routine technical duties in troubleshooting and repairing of components within building automation field cabinets, sensors, and related controls. They typically work under the direct supervision of a higher-level building automation technician but may be asked to perform tasks at the capacity of a Systems Specialist II. The location of work for this position will primarily be in Northern Virginia and Washington, DC.
Essential Functions: An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Troubleshoot and make necessary repairs to building-automation-system field cabinets, including communication devices, printed circuit boards, power supplies, electrical/electronic controls, sensors, and transducers.
- Download modules and assist in bringing network online.
- Communicate technical issues to senior level technicians.
- Maintain field markups and perform warranty related service calls.
- Assist with maintaining regular system backups during project.
- Assist more senior level technicians in the startup of systems and equipment.
- Able to document, demonstrate and exercise non-complex systems for third party commissioning support and testing.
- Provide project demonstration and training as required for customers.
- Report to work on time and ready to perform assigned tasks.
- Maintain company tools, test equipment, and material.
- Create thorough daily reports, per project or daily duty, and submit to Albireo project team and Operations Supervisor.
- Stay busy and look for opportunities to advance project completion.
- Communicate with jobsite personnel from other trades to complete project objectives.
- Be comfortable in using/navigating the company’s building automation suite and offerings.
- Identify issues and make minor program and graphic changes.
- Support a culture based on open/honest dialogue and involvement with all team members that demonstrates the value of their input and engagement in improving performance.
- Support a culture of high performance and accountability in employee and site safety as well as other aspects of the business.
- Take initiative and responsibility safely performing the point-to-point checkout of end devices, e.g., use multimeter to check continuity and/or resistance of sensors, verifying sensors with calibrated meters, breaking connection at end devices to verify IO channel assignments, verifying valve stroke and fail positions, etc.
- Equivalent experience, vocational school, or an Associate degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or similar field is preferred.
- Experience in high-availability environments like data centers, hospitals, or government facilities.
- Familiarity with the Automated Logic product line and software suite is a preferred but not required.
- Self-starter attitude that is inquisitive, intuitive and has a willingness to learn and grow.
- Ability to document daily tasks, plan and prepare for tasks assigned.
- Ability to plan and prepare for tasks assigned to them
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills; high quality document and report preparation
Basic Life Insurance
Voluntary Life Insurance
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Paid Sick Time
401K with Company match
Albireo Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Albireo EnergySterling, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.