Outside Sales Representative
- Posted: over a month ago
Under minimal direction, this Equipment Sales role is responsible for the sale of commercial and industrial HVAC equipment and systems to owners, engineers, architects, contractors, and consultants. In partnership with Alabama Equipment, you will build and manage long-term customer relationships with your customers, accounts, and manufacturers.
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates technical expertise to develop credibility, loyalty, trust, and commitment.
- Determines project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet all of the customers HVAC system design and installation requirements.
- Reports to an office environment and occasionally in the field to effectively represent the assigned territory.
- Effectively writes, presents, and communicates bids. Negotiates value and closes the sale.
- Positively and credibly influences system design and solutions with customers. Frequently creates competitive, high quality and timely estimates, bids, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis.
- Manages multiple, ongoing, projects particularly focusing on selling HVAC equipment, service, and systems.
- Builds partnering relationships with customers and manufacturers contractors. Understands the customer's business and speaks their language.
- Responsible for supporting and assisting in the accounts receivable collection process.
- Addresses customers' operational and environmental objectives, needs, and requirements and sells solutions.
- Solicits support from and communicates effectively with the entire sales team and inside sales support staff.
- Assists in the development of the sales team.
- Keeps management informed of progress and account status. Knows when to call for assistance from upper management to keep the sales process moving.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business or related field and three or more years of HVAC Equipment Sales or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA and/or progressive field sales experience is a plus.
- Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning or Construction industry experience is a must.
- Must have reliable transportation with state-required insurance and license.
- Excellent initiative, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Will be required to work in an office environment and possibly, occasionally visit the field.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands to operate the computer keyboard and telephone, reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Basic Life Insurance
Voluntary Life Insurance
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Paid Sick Time
401K with Company match
BusinessView all jobs at Albireo Energy