About this opportunity:
Albion' Healthcare Division has a client in need of a Clinical Lab Technician for a Oncology practice located in the Tamarac, FL area. MUST HAVE THE STATE OF FLORIDA LABORATORY TECHNICIAN LICENSE or TECHNOLOGIST License. Please do NOT apply if you do not have the State of Florida license and oncology/hematology experience. This position is for the lab located within the practice.
Schedule: Mon-Friday 7:30am-4pm
Adherence to all Laboratory procedures and protocols for specimen collection, handling and processing, patient preparation, labeling, handling, preservation or fixation, transportation and storage of specimens, preparation and storage of reagents, loading of specimen tubes into racks and initiating the starting of the testing instrument. May assist in maintaining patient records and patient test results with strict adherence to their Quality Assurance standards.
- Primary responsibilities include assisting CLS's with a variety of functions associated with technical procedures. Basic clinical functions may include specimen processing, specimen storage and retrieval, preparing patient worksheets, pipetting from set volume and/or automated pipetted dispensers, downloading computer files for CLS analysis, and the operation of robotic systems used for aliquoting and dispensing of reagents and specimens.
- Maintain all lab certifications current
- Preparation of reagents according to approved SOP's, if assigned.
- Safely discard expired reagents and hazardous waste according to approved SOP's.
- Assist with preventive maintenance.
- Assist in testing troubleshooting.
- Assist with maintaining inventory supply levels.
- Assist with other duties
- Bachelor of Science Degree in related science field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of clinical Hematology/Oncology laboratory experience.
- Must have State of Florida Clear and Active License
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Tamarac, FL
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Albion Healthcare Staffing Solutions is an established ISO 9000 certified full-service staffing company with 5 offices in South Florida.
Albion Healthcare StaffingAlbion Healthcare Staffing Solutions specializes in matching the most qualified Associates with the most appropriate positions to create the most productive and positive environment. Our Clients rely on Albion Healthcare to connect them with skilled individuals who will support and complement their existing staff. Albion Healthcare Staffing Solutions is an established ISO 9000 certified full-service staffing company with 5 offices in South Florida.