Principal Data Migration Architect
- Posted: over a month ago
- $85,000 to $175,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision,
Principle Data Migration Architect
“Albanero is a dynamic startup that is focused on developing cutting edge technology solutions that delivers real world solutions.”
About the Job
Albanero is seeking Data Migration experts. The successful candidate will have solid experience with migrating large amounts of data. Moving data from one source to other sources can vary from legacy systems to moving data from data lakes to cloud data stores. Multiple skill sets are needed for these positions such as ELT, ETL, XML, EDI, Data profiling, data extraction, data transformation and data load. You would join our team in a permanent (FTE) role should you meet our technical and background requirements.
Role: Principal Data Migration Architect
Required Level of Experience: 6-8 years
Education: Bachelor's (Preferred)
Work Authorization: United States (Required)
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to grow their skillset with exciting, cutting-edge technology.
Albanero is an early-stage startup with a vision and focus on Microservices, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, and Cloud technologies. The founders are a seasoned team in the technology industry. We foster a strong innovation culture in an Agile environment.
We are looking for engineering candidates who:
● Desire to explore new technology and break new ground.
● Are passionate about Open-Source technology, continuous learning, and innovation.
● Have the problem-solving skills, grit, and commitment to complete challenging work assignments and meet deadlines.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
● Engineer enterprise-class, large scale data migrations, and deliver data architecture solutions that meet the needs of our customer.
● You will work in a fast-paced environment with leading microservice and cloud technologies and continue to develop your all-around technical skills.
● Participate in code reviews and provide meaningful feedback to other team members.
● Create technical documentation.
Skills and Experience
● Provide data architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for data management and migration
● Design and implement large scale data solutions that are performant, high quality, and future-looking
● Drive common vision, practices, and capabilities across teams
● Drive Engineering toward near real-time solutions across all use cases
● Mentor and provide architectural guidance across Product and Engineering teams, and participate in design reviews
● Lead projects within the architecture team and participate in project and solution estimation
● Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new elements
● Evaluate current data storage systems and propose plans for optimization, including RDS, Dynamo, S3, etc.
● Develop proof-of-concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions for data management and migration
● Architect operations by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health
● Demonstrated experience owning enterprise-class applications and delivering highly available distributed, fault tolerant, globally accessible services at scale.
● Good understanding of distributed systems.
● Candidates will be self-motivated and display initiative, ownership, and flexibility.
o ERP and Cloud experience with Cloud services, including:
o ERP data migration
o Supply chain data migration
o Customer Relationship management data migration
o Human Resource Management data migration
o Sales Force Management data migration
o ETL, ELT, Data Profiling, Data Transforming, Data Loading
o XML, EDI, CVS other file formats
o AWS Lambda function development experience with Java and/or Python.
o Lambda triggers such as SNS, SES, or cron.
o AWS CLI
o API Gateway
o ETL data pipeline building
o Data Lake Experience
o MongoDB or similar NoSQL DB.
o Relational Databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc.).
o Gradle and/or Maven.
o Experience with Unix and/or MacOS.
o Working knowledge of:
o Serverless Framework (serverless.com)
o Unix shell scripting.
Nice to have:
o AWS / GCP / Azure Certification.
o Cloud development experience
Albanero, an early-stage startup with a vision and focus in Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain and Cloud technologies. The founders are a seasoned team in the technology industry. Our aim is to foster strong product innovation culture; build a team with solid fundamentals and great attitude. This is a superb opportunity for someone who is seeking to be part of an exciting journey of building a great company and awesome products.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?