PSYCHIATRIST; POSITION SUMMARY
- Completes comprehensive psychiatric behavioral health assessments, diagnosis, psychiatric medication prescription and monitoring. Provides short term individual, couple, family and group psychotherapy for acute and chronic psychiatric illnesses.
- Completes routine charting to include dictating behavioral health evaluations and progress notes.
- Maintains client charts in a timely and professional manner to ensure compliance with Medicaid and other applicable regulations to document diagnosis, assessment, intervention, referral, consultation and related functions.
- Supervises other (Contract) Psychiatrists.
- Provides clinical oversight for Behavioral Health Programs.
- Evaluates responses to client intervention, reviews treatment plans and reevaluates as necessary according to applicable regulations.
- Analyzes multiple sources of data, identifies alternative possibilities to the nature of the behavioral health problem and selects appropriate treatment.
- Provides training and consultation for other staff or students as requested by supervisor.
- Fulfills Acting Clinical Supervisor duties as needed.
- Assesses physical condition and orders various tests (e.g., laboratory, neurological and psychological) as indicated.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine.
Current DEA license with the authority to prescribe and dispense legend drugs and schedule 2-5 controlled substances in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
State of Alaska Board certified or Board eligible as a Psychiatrist.
Three (3) years-experience in a behavioral health clinic or hospital providing services with one (1) year post residency experience.
Three (3) years-experience with DSM IV diagnosis, treatment coordination, planning, and follow up, crisis intervention, consultation and coordination with medical staff, other agencies and providers, routine charting and writing professional reports.
Three (3) years of clinical supervision experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education & Experience)
Previous clinical experience in cross-cultural setting.
LOAN REPAYMENT SITE:
Indian Health Service
National Health Service Corps