Experience Alaska! Alaska General Seafoods is looking for energetic, adventurous, hardworking people to join our team and Work in Naknek, Alaska. Alaska General Seafoods is a salmon processing facility located off the Naknek River; home to the largest sockeye salmon run in the world. We process millions of pounds of salmon each season!
We require our employees to travel to Naknek, Alaska for 4-6 weeks in the summer from mid June to the end of July. During peak season, work hours could be anywhere from 12-18 hours a day, 7 days a week. All those hours will add up for lots of overtime! However, work depends on the salmon season harvest and hours are not guaranteed. *If there are no fish, there is no work.*
- Round trip airfare from Seattle, Washington (or Anchorage, Alaska) to King Salmon, Alaska and then a short bus trip to Naknek.
- Housing and meals are also provided at no cost to you.
Available Positions are diverse and range from processing salmon fillets, to packaging salmon roe, harvesting salmon oils, boxing the salmon for shipping or working in the freezing facility just to name a few. Not only can you make a good amount of money in a short period of time, you will have an experience to last a lifetime. This job is perfect for students who want to travel to Alaska and seek seasonal work or anyone looking for a new kind of adventure.
- Available to work the full season - approximately mid June to the end of July in Naknek, AK.
- Willing and able to travel by aircraft to remote locations in Alaska.
- Physically able to stand and work long hours (some jobs may have lifting requirements).
- Able to get along well with other people in remote and sometimes adverse conditions.
- Not afraid of hard work.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude.
- Willing to work and live in a multi-cultural environment.
- Willing to follow directions and abide by safety rules.
Alaska General Seafoods supports and is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.