Customer Service Representative (Fairbanks)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 to $25 Hourly
Do you want to do work that matters? Want to work on a team that values each other and its customers? Want to actually enjoy going to work and receiving the support of a leader and team that has your back?
If you want to join a team that values teamwork, quality communication, problem solving, and personal and professional growth then Alaska Auto Rental may be the place for you!
Title: Customer Service Representative
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Direct Supervisor: Customer Service Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: Not Applicable
Pay Rate: $17.00 - $25.00/hour DOESummary: The Customer Service Representative provides professional customer service to the public and other company employees as directed by the Customer Service Manager. The successful candidate for this role will have a high level of interpersonal communication skills, and be motivated to help others. Intermediate computer literacy is required, but no prior experience or training in specific computer programs is necessary.
Responsibilities:The Customer Service Representative performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties include providing quality communication to customers over the phone or in person, and completing daily office tasks. General responsibilities include the following tasks:
- Make eye contact and greet all customers; identify and attend to customers by name, and thank each customer at the conclusion of their transaction.
- Assist customers based on each customer's needs, requests, and questions.
- Ensure a pleasant, smooth, and efficient rental process for each customer.
- Offer customers assistance with directions, maps, local area information, and vehicle operation.
- Answer telephones in a friendly, helpful, and prompt manner; direct phone calls to appropriate personnel or take messages.
- Work on behalf of the customer and the company to resolve issues in a fair and equitable manner to ensure continued customer loyalty.
- Prepare quotes, reservations, and rental contracts in the rental software with all required information.
- Thoroughly inspect vehicles to document any damages before and after rentals.
- Work as a team with other employees to achieve assigned tasks and business goals.
- Communicate immediate fleet needs and/or vehicle issues to the supervisor.
- Maintain a clean, stocked, and organized rental office area.
- Follow key-handling procedures to ensure vehicle keys are stored properly.
- Take and send vehicle photos with a smartphone.
- Complete daily opening and close routines.
- Process office paperwork as instructed.
- Transport customers and vehicles as instructed, operating vehicles safely and legally.
- Assist in facility maintenance, organization, and cleaning.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Competitive Compensation
- Exceptional Work Environment
- Parts Discount
- Personal Use of Detail Bay
- Discount on Vehicle Rentals
- Paid Personal and Professional Growth Training
- Internal Advancement Opportunities
- Company Provided Workwear
Benefits Included for Full Time Employees after 90 Day Introductory Period:
- 6 Paid Holidays per year
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Maternity, Paternity, and Adoption Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Retirement Matching Program
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a current driver’s license and driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier.
- Professional customer service experience, preferably in the rental car industry.
- Must be punctual.
- Must own a smartphone.
- Must not use tobacco or marijuana products.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess good problem solving skills.
- Must possess good basic math skills.
- Must greet and assist all customers in a friendly and personable manner.
- Must handle difficult requests calmly and professionally.
- Must be computer literate (vehicle rental software training will be provided).
- Must be teachable by being a good listener and willing to continually learn new skills.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
- Must follow through with requests given by customers, and/or directions given by the supervisor.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Must be a team player, willing to solve differences cooperatively with other team members.
- Must not use profanity.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to pass a drug test at any time.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week with a split week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
Alaska Auto Rental
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?