On-Call Concierge Los Angeles
Alaska Airlines Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: September 24, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our airport teams work together to move guests and their belongings from curb to cabin, creating remarkable experiences along the way. Whether customer-facing or behind the scenes, we want to hear from you if you can be welcoming to people from all walks of life, think on your feet, and manage a flexible schedule. In return, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package, professional development opportunities, and other benefits that are all designed to take your places.
The On-Call Concierge is responsible for fulfilling the lounge Host and Concierge duties as needed by coordinating the setup of food and beverage stations, maintaining cleanliness and inventory, resolving guest inquiries and assisting with travel arrangements, and serving drinks and meals at Alaska Airlines lounges. As a member of the lounge team, this individual contributor role provides an inviting and comfortable environment for members and guests through individualized interactions that create a hassle-free travel experience.
- Provides an inviting and comfortable lounge environment, establishing a personal connection with each guest.
- Supervised to deliver responses and resolutions to customer inquiries, assist guests with necessary travel arrangements (e.g. seat assignments, check-in service, reservations), and prioritize member’ needs and requests in a tight time frame.
- Prepares and arranges food, beverages, and liquor service for members and guests.
- Responsible for restocking self-service food and properly packaging any unused food.
- Promotes Alaska Airlines products and services (e.g., membership, day pass, etc.).
- Identifies creative solutions to handle unhappy or mishandled passengers.
- Processes new lounge member enrollments and renewals.
- Follows established procedures to maintain the cleanliness of the lounge.
- Cleans and maintains food service equipment (e.g. coffee, soda, juice machines)
- 1 year of experience in guest service, or related area.
- Motivated to achieve excellent guest service.
- Ability to project a professional image and be approachable with strong social skills.
- Articulate and able to effectively communicate with confidence.
- Able to multi-task while working under pressure.
- Able to make quick, sound decisions in a challenging and varied work environment.
- Willingness to serve alcohol.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, reach and grasp.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Typing speed of at least 25 WPM.
- Must be able to obtain State Food Handlers Certification and Alcohol Seller/Server Certification.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Strong marketing, sales, management, or customer service experience.
- Computer experience, including familiarity with Image and Solar.
- Airline industry experience.
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
Where permitted by applicable law, new hires must have received the COVID-19 vaccine. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious belief.
- Monthly incentive pay plan
- Annual incentive pay plan
- Travel privileges on Alaska Airlines & Horizon Air
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression), national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information (including family medical history) or other legally protected characteristics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will also be considered for employment, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify® employer, where required by law.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
TourismView all jobs at Alaska Airlines