Customer Service Agent
- Expired: October 08, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Company Alaska Airlines The Team
Our airport teams work together to move guests and their belongings from curb to cabin, creating remarkable experiences along the way. Whether customer-facing or behind the scenes, we want to hear from you if you can be welcoming to people from all walks of life, think on your feet, and manage a flexible schedule. In return, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package, professional development opportunities, and other benefits that are all designed to take your places.Role Summary
The Customer Service Agent is responsible for assisting guests with travel needs at Alaska Airlines (AS). As a member of the passenger service team, this individual contributor role responds to guest inquiries and performs various tasks in ticketing, check-in, and boarding areas. This is a union represented position.Key Duties
- Assist guests with travel needs (e.g., answering inquiries, ticketing, checking-in passengers, and boarding flights) in a fast-paced environment.
- Sell tickets and ensure cabin accommodations.
- Perform computer and paperwork tasks.
- Evaluate and prepare flights by arranging seat assignments and load, coordinating special meals, and upgrades.
- Perform boarding and gate duties (e.g., checking flight tickets, assisting and directing passengers, making announcements, checking aircraft, and confirming cabin security).
- Process and secure passenger luggage.
- At the direction of management, may be assigned to perform duties of varying capacities to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- A minimum of 2 years of customer service or community service experience.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (e.g., verbal, written, listening).
- Typing speed of at least 25 WPM.
- Ability to consistently lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, reach and grasp.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts (e.g., weekends, holidays).
- Ability to participate in paid training.
- Ability to learn and operate a computerized reservation system.
- Ability to adapt to performing work according to set procedures.
- Ability to anticipate needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Where permitted by applicable law, new hires must have received the COVID-19 vaccine. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious belief.Starting Rate USD 17.00/Hr. Total Rewards
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k program with a company match up to 6%
- Monthly incentive pay plan up to 150 per month
- Annual incentive pay plan with a target 5% payout of annual earnings
- Generous paid time off
- Unlimited standby travel benefits on Alaska Airlines & Horizon Air
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression), national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information (including family medical history) or other legally protected characteristics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will also be considered for employment, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify employer, where required by law.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
BusinessView all jobs at Alaska Airlines