Senior Quality Engineer - Camera Firmware
Alarm.com is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to support our video surveillance solutions by testing networked devices and configurations on multiple software platforms. This position collaborates with technology teams to ensure our products meet quality standards of functionality and performance. The Senior Quality Engineer position provides an excellent opportunity to be hands-on and engaged in the full product lifecycle and to drive system quality improvements for our offerings.
The ideal candidate will have a college degree, at least 3 years of relevant experience, and advanced computer/technology skills, will have a strong background in Quality Assurance methodologies, and will contribute towards product/system improvements to resolve in-field product issues and improve overall product Quality. You should be proactive in creating test plans in addition to anticipating and mitigating risks to the product's overall quality level.
- Analyzing new products and their features on a standalone basis in addition to analyzing the interaction with existing products
- Evaluating/deconstructing firmware through open-source tools to ensure the product meets Alarm.com's standards
- Interacting with Developers, Product Management, and Customer Support to ensure the quality of the video solution
- Developing test plans and updating test documentation as needed before/during/after testing
- Executing tests, tracking defects, and following defects through the resolution process until fix is verified and closed
- Understanding the customer and how the product will be used by the customer
- Ensuring the success of weekly software and web deployments
- Strong knowledge of embedded Linux; experience with command line interfaces
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, time management, and analysis skills
- Exceptional communication skills in order to articulate quality assurance practices
- Strong attention to detail and tenacious problem solver
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
- Ability to make decisions based on test results to advise management and customers
- Demonstrated persistence despite adversity
- Advanced computer and technology skills
- Proficient in estimating testing schedules and optimizing test plans
- Strong background in Quality Assurance methodologies
- Ability to recognize impacts of individual components in the larger system and analyze risks involved
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, or Information Technology
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Science, or Information Technology
- Advanced understanding of networking and ability to configure devices to connect on the network
- Ability to drive innovation and improvements to increase product quality
- Experience with functional and regression testing, test planning, test case development
- Working knowledge in defect management and tracking system
- Advanced knowledge in the use of Wireshark and SQL Server
- One or more of the following certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+; EC-Council CEH
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You'll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and M2M technologies including wireless communication, video monitoring, smart home automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and other fun corporate events.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 7.6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we're innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. We're seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and benefits including a wide choice of healthcare options with generous company subsidy, a health savings account option with company contribution, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays and paid time off increasing with tenure, paid maternity and paternity leave, company paid STD/LTD and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a casual dress work environment.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Alarm.comTysons Corner, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.