- Posted: over a month ago
Alarm.com, is seeking an Assistant Controller to join our growing, fast-paced accounting department. The Assistant Controller role is a pivotal to our organization. We are looking for someone who is independent, hands-on, and self-directed individual that can own and manage all aspects of the subsidiary accounting and consolidation. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, ever-changing environment and possess an entrepreneurial mindset. This position will manage our AP and GL teams and be accountable for the team members' performance and professional development. This position reports directly to Alarm.com's VP & Corporate Controller and will work closely with other members of the senior management team to help achieve the potential of our rapidly growing, public company.
At a minimum, the candidate should have at least 4 years of experience with a "Big 4" public accounting firm and at least 3 years of experience in a supervisory role leading all aspects of an accounting close and consolidation for a private or public company. Public company experience is preferred; however, other experience and qualifications will be considered.
The Assistant Controller's primary job responsibilities will include:
- Managing the day-to-day accounting operations and ensuring compliance with the Company's accounting policies and procedures.
- Managing the timely closing and consolidation of the monthly, quarterly and annual books and records. This includes reviewing journal entries, reconciling balances and ensuring accuracy by reviewing financial statements, investigating account variations and verifying account balances.
- Working closely with the VP & Corporate Controller and external auditors, leading the effort to assess the Company's current compliance with SOX 404 and implementing controls and procedures to ensure compliance with SOX.
- Preparing monthly financial statements on a timely basis and reviewing quarterly flux analysis.
- Working with other departments when accounting information or skills are needed to support ongoing efforts of the Company and increase financial reporting accuracy.
- Assist in researching applicable accounting standards to ensure internal and external compliance in recording and reporting transactions.
- Assist with external year-end audits including preparation of necessary work papers.
- Work closely with the Controller and external auditors to assess the Company's current compliance with SOX 404 and implement controls and procedures to ensure compliance with SOX.
- Lead, train, develop, and motivate accounting staff in order to maintain a high level of employee commitment and competence for sustained and self-reliant performance and achievement of the department and Company goals.
- Perform other related accounting/financial duties as requested by the VP & Corporate Controller and CFO.
- 8-10 years of progressive accounting and finance experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm (minimum of 4 years) with a minimum of 3+ years in a direct supervisory position within a private or public company.
- Active CPA Required.
- Should be well versed in current GAAP Accounting, especially related to current revenue recognition guidance.
- Experience in researching, developing, and implementing accounting policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with a high attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, decision making, and planning skills as the candidate will need the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively to achieve the overall goals of the department and the Company.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, to be able to identify and pro-actively propose system and process improvements.
- Must be hands-on and comfortable working independently. We are a small and nimble finance and accounting operation where everyone is expected to roll up their sleeves and perform the work as opposed to simply delegating to staff.
- The candidate must be comfortable and embrace working at a very detailed level (for example, booking journal entries and reconciling accounts) as well as thinking strategically about the Company.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and computer skills
- Public company experience with exposure to SEC filings strongly preferred
- Previous work experience in the software industry
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and other fun corporate events.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 7.6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we're innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. We're seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and benefits including a wide choice of healthcare options with generous company subsidy, a health savings account option with company contribution, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays and paid time off increasing with tenure, paid maternity and paternity leave, company paid STD/LTD and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a casual dress work environment.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
AddressTysons Corner, VA
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?