Apprentice IT Associate
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Alarm.com. Alarm.com is seeking candidates to join our Technical Apprenticeship Program in the Tysons, Virginia area. We are a rapidly expanding, entrepreneurial technology company and this role is within a fast-paced, rapidly growing team. The qualified candidate will become an Apprentice IT Associate within Alarm.com’s Cloud Operations organization working in various areas such as IT Helpdesk, Information Security, Business Applications, IT Compliance, and more!
Very few smaller companies innovate and develop across such a broad range of technologies as Alarm.com. This position is ideal for the candidate who seeks a small, friendly company culture where one can be mentored by smart and highly productive people across a very interesting spectrum of wireless, software, and hardware/device technologies to develop outstanding consumer products.
Alarm.com’s Technical Apprenticeship program is registered with the Virginia Department of Labor. The term of Apprenticeship shall be a period of reasonably continuous employment, including the probationary period. The term includes both on-the- job learning and related instruction and is expected to be one year.
IT Associates are part of our Technology team and have a broad range of responsibilities including providing first line help desk support to employees and assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone and email.
As an Apprentice IT Associate, you'll expand your knowledge and skills to develop competencies in networking and computer systems that may include:
- Supporting computer software and hardware, including Windows 7, Office 365, Internet services, MS Office, databases, printing, scanning, telephones, video conferencing, audio visual services, and other technology services
- Providing telephone, in person, and remote computer support to local end-users; telephone and remote computer support to remote end-users.
- Installing new software, upgrading existing software and drivers, testing and distributing new computers
- Performing administrative tasks for the computer environment. Recording and reporting on service calls, taking inventory and managing equipment and software inventories, maintaining supplies and replacement parts
- Assisting with the day-to-day administration of the phones. Learning to manage ShoreTel Director, Contact Center, extensions and voicemail boxes
- Learning how to administer the technology loaner pool of computers, printers, projectors, etc.; Producing reliable record keeping and inventory tracking
- Understanding how to work with standardized desktop software images for desktop and laptop computers
- Learning to develop computer presentations, graphics and documents as requested – providing simple tutorials or training users on Alarm.com standard software and hardware – learning how to arrange for repair of peripheral equipment and PCs.
- Provide tier 1 end user support – Antivirus, malware, phishing
- Assistance in the administration of Alarm.com’s email phishing campaigns
- Collaborate in operational reporting of Alarm.com’s patch and vulnerability programs
- Perform analysis of end user computer security events
- High School Diploma
- 2+ years in a professional work environment
- Completion of Aptitude Tests
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for 12 months, including coursework within the greater Northern Virginia area as required
- Demonstrable interest in the technology field
- Capable of self-direction and motivation, able break down high level tasks into manageable work portions
- Associates Degree
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our quality standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace within weeks. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and gain a broad knowledge base across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with latest technologies: As we continue to lead the industry, we require expertise across a broad spectrum of technologies including short and long-range wireless communication, video surveillance, lighting and HVAC automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and an annual corporate retreat.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for the smart home. Millions of home and business owners depend on our technology every day to make their properties safer, smarter and more efficient. We make the Smart Home broadly accessible by enabling easy automation and control across a range of connected devices through our single, intuitive user interface.
Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for its employee culture and the meaningful work we do every day to develop and bring to market new technology that will make millions of people safer and help them use energy more efficiently. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
Our solutions are exclusively distributed through a network of authorized service providers. For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we’re innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. Alarm.com earned the Top WorkplaceTM award for our employee culture and the meaningful work we do to give property owners peace of mind, help them conserve energy and water, and stay connected to loved ones. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
Alarm.comWhy Work Here?
COMPANY BENEFITS Alarm.com offers competitive pay and benefits including a wide choice of healthcare options with generous company subsidy,
COMPANY INFO OpenEye, The Cloud Video Platform, is a leading provider of cloud-managed solutions for video security, business intelligence, and loss prevention. OpenEye Web Services streamlines operations and reduces the burden on IT, making it easier to manage and maintain video deployments and integrations of all sizes. Our open cloud platform combines and analyzes event data from video, alarm systems, access control, sales transactions and Internet of Things (IoT) devices. We transform events into actionable insights that enhance security and increase business profitability. OpenEye’s professional recording hardware and cloud-managed solutions are available globally through a trusted network of certified service providers.
AddressTysons Corner, VA