Working Maintenance Assistant Supervisor
- Posted: over a month ago
Physically manage the maintenance department for a 124-unit residential/resort property, working directly with the Assistant General Manager/General Manager in planning and coordinating work for routine work orders, landscaping, preventative/general maintenance, purchasing, and inventory management. Experience and skills in plumbing, electrical work, carpentry, and painting is required. The maintenance assistant supervisor will participate in the recruitment process, train and supervise technicians and laborers; write employee evaluations; work with contractors and vendors; keep equipment maintained; participate in property inspections; help to ensure that required materials and supplies are in stock; and keep the maintenance shop in good order, among other related duties. This position requires in person and onsite attendance. See Duties and Responsibilities below:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform routine general and preventative maintenance repairs to the property using hand or power tools in accordance with international maintenance standards, safety, and building codes.
- Perform painting in common areas.
- Perform minor electrical repairs such as switches and outlets, replacing fixtures, changing light bulbs, and resolving minor electrical problems.
- Perform minor plumbing repairs to common areas.
- Perform carpentry repairs to walls, handrails, wooden frames, cutting holes for leak investigations and maintaining wooden elevator interiors.
- Perform minor mechanical repairs such as repairing door closers, door passage sets and hinges, and garbage chute doors.
- Maintain and repair pool and recreational facilities.
- Perform Landscaping work as needed throughout the property.
- Be knowledgeable about all building mechanical equipment emergency procedures relating to electrical, generator, plumbing, elevator, fire and fire alarms and air conditioning. Need to know what to do, when to do it, and who to call in an emergency.
- Conduct an inspection of the grounds and facilities of the property following inclement weather conditions to determine if repairs or adjustments are in order: i.e. damage to the structure, loose wires, broken windows, etc.
- Perform duties in compliance with occupational safety and health guidelines.
- Perform related duties as directed or required.
Daily Supervision Tasks:
- Provides direction to Maintenance Staff.
- Maintains detailed records of tasks performed throughout the day.
- Purchasing supplies and monitoring inventory.
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Work Location: One location no remote work option
Alana Investment Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?