DC Power Technician/Installer
Alamon Inc. is looking to hire DC Power Technicians with Level 4 experience to work in the state of Oregon and be willing to travel to Washington and Montana as needed. The Ideal Candidate must have extensive knowledge of DC power systems in the Central Office and be a team player that is hardworking and a good communicator.
Skills and Experience: DC Power Technician/Installer
· Must have In-depth knowledge of procedures to install -48V VRLA & wet cell batteries.
· Experience constructing battery racking systems and spill containment required.
· Experience working within live -48VDC power systems, power boards.
· Must be able to perform hot cuts of battery systems and charging systems and be able to program various types of charging system controllers, Galaxy is a plus.
· Knowledge of running cable in the overhead superstructure and cable stitching required.
· Must be able to follow work packages and construction drawings to install batteries and charging systems.
· Must be able to work with basic hand tools and power tools such as hammer drills, band saws, and large cable crimpers.
· Knowledge of DC power cable and termination methods.
· Must have knowledge of 77350/77385 Standards
· Must be able to identify and understand Isolated & Integrated grounding and be able to wire, test & troubleshoot alarm & monitoring circuits.
· Knowledge of installing BDFB’s, -48V battery strings, power distribution boards.
· Knowledge of charging systems by GE, Lorain, Emerson, Eltek, in central offices.
· The ability & Familiarity with seismic construction requirements in a central office environment a plus.
· Experience troubleshooting and hooking up alarms in a central office.
· Experience performing site surveys or any DC power Engineering experience in addition to above-mentioned skills will move you to the top of the list.
· Must be able to interact with members of the team and provide updates as required.
Responsibilities and Job Description: of the DC Power Technician/Installer
This role requires 100% travel primarily within the states of Washington and Oregon, and occasionally to Montana and Idaho. Primary duties will be installing and upgrading batteries and power plants at central office locations across these states.
This work will be primarily during the day, with hot cuts and some other jobs to be performed during maintenance window hours typically between midnight and 6:00 AM. Must be flexible and able to work multiple projects simultaneously.
Will be performing job material inventory, cross-referencing materials received against job bill of materials. Must be able to identify material shortages and work closely with Engineering and Project Management to identify issues and be able to offer solutions to complete projects. Will be required to fill out job completion packages, redline drawings and ensure accurate record keeping.
· Current driver’s license and insurance
· Must have your own dependable vehicle (preferably a pickup truck for hauling tools
· Provide your own basic hand tools
· Basic computer skills, including email, word, and excel.
· Ability to work well with others and professionally communicate with onsite customers.
· Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.
· High-quality workmanship oriented.
· Ability to travel away from home for up to 4 weeks at a time when local work is not available.
Alamon Inc. is a Montana-based employee-owned company that has been providing contract labor to the telecommunications industry since 1975. We offer workforce solutions to industry-leading equipment manufacturers, communications companies and utilities nationwide. Alamon Inc. provides medical/pharmacy benefits, dental plan, life insurance policy, paid holidays, paid vacation time, personal-time accrual, employer-paid health insurance for each full-time employee. ESOP Company= Employee Stock Ownership Plan. http://www.alamon.com