Alamance Foods Browns Summit, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Production Planner is a key member of the team reporting to the Operations Leadership. The Production Planner is a cross functional role that is key in the planning and execution of production at a manufacturing location. He / She will work closely with Plant operations, Procurement, Customer Service, Sales and Quality in planning to develop and execute an optimal production schedule and inventory control. Hours are 7am-5pm. Pay is based on experience ranging from $55,000-$60,000 annually.
The Production Planner/Scheduler is a cross functional role that is key in the planning and execution of production at manufacturing location. He / She will work closely with plant management and supply chain planning to develop and execute an optimal production schedule and inventory control.
- Primary role to provide a timely, complete, and achievable production schedule for a manufacturing location utilizing ERP production planning module and approved business processes. Goal is to deliver an optimal production schedule to manufacturing, that meets customer requirements, respects code date and space limitations. Ensures alignment with associated planning activities (MRP, Dairy, & Beverage)
- Monitor and ensure appropriate master data set-up and continuous monitoring to align with production processes. (ie. for new processes, for process changes) BOMs, Recipes, Resources, Production Versions, DM – Processes, Workstations, Activities
- Ensure continuous (daily) feedback with manufacturing to ensure scheduling information is kept up to date. Including but not limited to; demonstrated running rates, start times, end times, resources, BOMs, Scrap rates, CIP times, material sequence. Prepares and releases the production schedule to the manufacturing floor in a timely manner.
- Clearly understand all requirements and constraints at the plant level for a production plan (consideration of minimum/maximum batch and run sizes, resource assignment, material sequencing on resources, changeover and startup allowances and material availability. Work with Quality control, Operations, Supply chain team to ensure accuracy of functional master data. (BOMs, resources, versions, etc.).
- Daily interaction with CSR, Sales and Supply Chain team to ensure long term horizon of planned orders are accurate, representative of capacity constraints.
- Communicate and execute all needed changes to the production schedule for any various "unplanned events"
- Ensures the production schedule is effectively communicated throughout the plant and adjustments made real time to ensure alignment across all functions to the expected production plan.
- Other planning duties as required. Depending on the complexity of a location, the production scheduler may perform other related duties to support production plan execution for MRP, Dairy Planning.
- Adhere to all responsibilities outlined in the Food Safety Management System which is in accordance to the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing of Food Packaging.
- Assist in providing training of team members in food safety, food defense, safety and other associated programs as identified by management.
- Generate/Update weekly KPI reports and update the senior leadership.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Engineering, Supply chain, or related field.
- Responsible for knowing and adhering to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Supervisory and/or leadership experience a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency with data analytics within Microsoft Excel, ERP Systems, and Microsoft Office.
- Technical understanding of industrial engineered products with the ability to communicate technically to customers, suppliers, and co-workers
- Experience in demonstrating technical leadership with Continuous Improvement systems including the ability to utilize structured problem-solving methods to deliver breakthrough business results.
Alamance Foods is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Alamance Foods. Please contact Alamance Foods Human Resources department if you need assistance completing this application or to other participate in the application process.
AddressBrowns Summit, NC
ManufacturingView all jobs at Alamance Foods