Academy of Alamance Home Care
- Job Title: LPN
- Department: Nursing
- Reports to: Supervising Registered Nurse
- Job Description Details:
- Our home health care agency is rapidly expanding and we are hiring a Home Health Nurse effective immediately. We work with patients of all ages and backgrounds who require daily care in their homes. Most of our patients are elderly and/or terminally ill, so we hire the most compassionate and thoughtful talent in the field. You will be responsible for managing a heavy case load, so time management skills are essential. However, it is important to provide each patient with the time and attention necessary to meet his or her needs. If you enjoy working one-on-one with patients outside of a clinical setting, submit your resume.
- Qualifications and Education requirements.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Successful completion of a state approved nursing assistant training program and a state approved trained medication aide program.
- Current, active certification on the North Carolina Nursing Assistant Registry.
- Must be able to work independently and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer proficiency and a working knowledge of Microsoft programs required.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid NC Drivers License and daily access to a reliable and insured vehicle.
- Belief in the in-Home Aid concept.
- Position Role and Responsibilities
- Provide personal care to the patient in a compassionate and understanding manner consistent with the hospice philosophy.
- Under the written and/or verbal direction of the SRN, the In-home aid performs the following duties:
- Provide bed bath, shower or tub bath as appropriate
- Provide appropriate care of skin, hair, mouth and feet (excluding nail care); nail care for hands will be provided only as directed by the SRN.
- Provide good body alignment, positioning, and range of motion exercises for non-ambulatory patients
- Assist patient in and out of bed and with ambulation (including gait belt, sliding board, Hoyer Lift, E-Z Stand) with family or facility staff assistance as indicated.
- Assist patient with use of bedpan, urinal, commode and bathroom
- Assist with routine catheter care and enemas according to the plan of care
- Assist with feeding and dressing patients
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- ADA Requirements (essential functions)
- Physical Requirements
- Lifting More than 25 lbs, routinely
- More than 50 lbs, occasionally
- Transfer 150 lb. or greater patient weight
- Sitting 1 - 3 hours/day
- Standing 4 - 5 hour/day
- Walking 2 - 4 hours/day
- Bend, stoop, squat, and/or twist Repeatedly throughout day
- Climbing stairs Repeatedly throughout day
- Reaching 0.5 hour/day -- arms ¬ shoulder level
- Use of telephone 2 - 3 hours/day
- Working under pressure 3 -- 4 hours/day
- Working rapidly for long periods 2 - 3 hours/day
- Use of keyboard/computer, printer, fax, copier 4 -- 5 hours/day
- ***Position requires close work; finger dexterity; adequate hearing and vision (with or without correction). ***
- ***May occasionally work longer than 8 hours/day. ***
Reply to post with resume.
Alamance Academy LLC
Why Work Here?Alamance Academy is a local Home Health Agency based in Burlington. We currently have clients in the Burlington and Durham areas and are looking to expand our company. Come be apart of our TEAM!
Small home health agency with great potential for growth!