Job Description: Psychometrist
Employment Type: Full or part-time, hourly, non-exempt
Summary: The Psychometrist will administer, score, and prepare reports for psychological test batteries evaluating cognitive, academic, neuropsychological, behavioral, and emotional status for adult, adolescent, and child patients with a wide range of known or suspected psychiatric disorders using standardized testing procedures.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Administer and score psychological tests including tests of intelligence, achievement, developmental ability under the direction of a psychologist.
2. Score tests administered and other objective personality tests administered by Psychologist.
3. Prepare findings in written report, as required by referring psychologist.
4. Provide a written summary of the patient's behavior during testing, including interactions with the patient's parents or peers that may be observed incidentally.
5. Document activities in patient's medical record to keep office personnel informed of the status of referrals.
6. Discuss progress and keep psychologist informed of patient's status.
7. Participate in training offered internally as well as by outside organizations to increase skills as needed to perform job duties.
8. Participate in establishing job requirements and goals; perform duties at the desired level of competency.
9. Assist in maintenance of current stock of testing materials.
10. Review and ensure timeliness, accuracy, and availability and security of information.
11. Comply with HIPAA policies and procedures.
12. Understand, adhere to and model Core Values as defined organizationally.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor of Arts or Science in psychology or related field from an accredited institution;
2. One year experience in an educational or mental health setting, medical center, psychological service or an internship in psychological test administration is required.
3. Certificate in Psychometry preferred but not required.
4. Knowledge and and understanding of developmental issues, special education, learning disabilities, neuropsychological problems, and other psychological and behavioral issues.
5. Word processing skills and demonstrates computer literacy such as the ability to utilized current technology;
6. Strong interpersonal skills;
7. Team player with strong collaboration skills.
Qualified Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
visit our website at www.alapsych.com and select the Careers tab