Alabama Allergy & Asthma Center is hiring customer service representatives for our call center. We are looking for highly motivated candidates with a great attitude, a high level of professionalism, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to answer high call volume on a daily basis
- Able to respond to patient care and team emails efficiently
- Communicates with all care teams to promote information transparency and continuity
- Problem solving abilities when approached with emergent schedule changes
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation
- Collect past due balances for all patients
- Schedule appointments for patients and referring physician offices
- Notifies new patients of upcoming appointments
- Update patient demographics at point of contact
- Balance daily patient charges (cash, check, credit cards) against computer
- Scan paperwork and faxes on a daily basis
- Respond promptly to customer needs
- Provide excellent customer service
- Observe safety and security procedures
- Maintain work area in a neat and organized manner
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to management
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each duty adequately in a culturally
competent environment. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
- High School graduate or equivalent. Previous patient care/customer service experience preferred. Detail oriented with excellent computer skills. Well-groomed appearance. Positive customer service skills.