Subsidiary for the Alabama Coordinated Healthcare Network (ACHN) is responsible for coordinating care for healthy eligible individuals, those with multiple chronic conditions, pregnant women, and men and women needing family planning. The goal of the program is to ensure an effective and efficient delivery of care. This area works with low income populations to improve the quality of care programs and community outreach.
This position performs care management for eligible individuals (EIs) assigned by the State of Alabama Medicaid Office. Our subsidiary provides this care management for EIs enrolled in programs designated by State of Alabama Medicaid. Performance guidelines are in place to ensure that sound care plans are developed and acted upon in a timely manner so as to improve the EIs overall health. This care management frequently involves face-to-face meetings with the EIs to gain a full understanding of their challenges. This position will primarily provide services to home care and community based populations, identified as needing care management and transitional services from inpatient facilities.
Note: This position is a telework/field based position located in one of the Central region counties of the Alabama Coordinated Healthcare Network (ACHN). These counties include: Chilton, Perry, Marengo, Wilcox, Dallas, Autauga, Elmore, Lowndes, Montgomery, Butler and Crenshaw.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Active Alabama license in good standing as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Experience analyzing clinical situations and making informed decisions
- Experience in a position demonstrating exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communications
- Experience in a position exercising independent judgement and decision making
- Experience in a position working with providers and medical leaders
- Willingness to travel as required for the job
- Two years of complex pediatric experience is preferred
- Experience working in a behavioral health hospital or residential facility is preferred
- Experience working in a home setting as a Case Manager or Care Coordinator is preferred
- Knowledge of Alabama Medicaid regulations and guideline is preferred
Terms and Agreements
By submitting a job application, I attest that all information to the best of my knowledge is true and accurate. Furthermore, I understand that any information provided by me throughout the job application process is subject to verification including, but not limited to work experience, education, assessment (test) and interviews.
We appreciate your interest in ' The Company'. The Company does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, status as a disabled or protected veteran, or because of citizenship status in the case of a citizen or intending citizen. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.