Subsidiary for the Alabama Coordinated Health Network (ACHN) is responsible for coordinating care for healthy eligible individuals, those with multiple chronic conditions, pregnant women, and men and women needing family planning. The goal of the program is to ensure an effective and efficient delivery of care. This area works with low income populations to improve the quality of care programs and community outreach.
The Care Coordination Supervisor-ACHN is accountable for developing, coordinating, and guiding ACHN staff activities related to daily care coordination functions. This position will serve as a resource to assist the care coordination staff, as they provide care management services to Medicaid eligible individuals (EIs). This position directs the work of Registered Nurse and Social Worker Care Coordinators and Community Health Workers as they manage EIs to improve their health conditions. The Care Coordination Supervisor may interact with Physician offices, agencies, and facilities when questions or concerns arise regarding the referral process or a EIs care plan. This position directly oversees all care coordination documentation for general, maternity and family planning services Care plan quality assurance audits, to ensure State charting requirements are met, are performed monthly.
This position is located in the East region of the Alabama Coordinated Health Network (ACHN) and supports the following counties: DeKalb, Cherokee, Etowah, Blount, St. Clair, Calhoun, Talladega, Cleburne, Clay, Randolph, Coosa and Tallapoosa.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) with an active Alabama license in good standing as a Registered Nurse (RN); or a Master’s in Social Work (MSW) with an active Alabama license in good standing as a Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW)
- Experience working in a clinical setting as a Case Manager or Care Coordinator
- Experience analyzing clinical situations and making informed decisions
- Experience in a position demonstrating exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communications
- Experience in a position exercising independent judgement and decision making
- Experience in a position working with Providers and medical leaders
- Willingness to travel as required for the job
- Experience managing complex pediatrics and/or maternity cases is preferred
- Knowledge of Alabama Medicaid regulations and guidelines is preferred
- Experience as a Care Coordination Supervisor is preferred
Terms and Agreements
By submitting a job application, I attest that all information to the best of my knowledge is true and accurate. Furthermore, I understand that any information provided by me throughout the job application process is subject to verification including, but not limited to work experience, education, assessment (test) and interviews.
We appreciate your interest in 'The Company'. The Company does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, status as a disabled or protected veteran, or because of citizenship status in the case of a citizen or intending citizen. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
Visit our website at http://www.alahealth.com/careers/. Click “Join Our Team” to be directed to our list of job openings. After receiving your application, you will be notified if further consideration can be extended.
AlaHealthAlaHealth, Inc. (AlaHealth) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Healthcare Business Solutions and has its home office in Birmingham, Alabama. AlaHealth is a provider of Medicaid support services for the state of Alabama. Alahealth is responsible for coordinating care for healthy eligible individuals, those with multiple chronic conditions, pregnant women, and men and women needing family planning. The goal of the program is to ensure an effective and efficient delivery of care. This area works with low income populations to improve the quality of care programs and community outreach.