- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Quality Process Engineer
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.
Monitors and improves processes in order to maintain or enhance quality, HSE, service and costs level by troubleshooting (Root Cause) quality processes, and is responsible for the complaints management process. This role support the Quality Management system as well.
• Handled Customer and supplier complaints process ensuring that root cause analysis is performed and corrective actions are implemented and avoid reoccurrence.
• Support the Quality Management system in order to remain compliant to the ISO 9001 regulation.
• Monitors the process performance through metrics such as RFT,HPB, SLOB, cost productivity, customer complaints, Waste Indices and takes action as required to correct adverse trends, performing plant based process investigations
• Develops plans to improve the above performance through focused improvement activities (in conjunction with the operations group) along with capital project and other CI/ALPS initiatives.
• Interfaces with functions such as R&D/marketing/Supply chain/ Manufacturing/ Procurement and central engineering for ensuring that the Quality criteria are met when the industrialization of new products, new raw materials, new packaging and recipe changes ensuring that changes on site are controlled and managed.
• Quality Process Engineer will need to be multi-faceted: Able to communicate to various levels, able to understand quickly and interpret need, lead teams, drive results through others that are not direct reports.
• Provides expertise for on site operations group during process related troubleshooting issues- hands on with production operators/quality techs.
• Stays informed about, amongst others, relevant technology, company news and current quality and takes action if necessary. Identifies what the pertinent information is to use.
• Develops process standardization (where applicable) and contributes to reduce variability on the different Quality processes using MSA.
• Support Quality related to NPI activity coordination ensure that RFT and quality criteria are met.
• Promotes the quality system through adhering to the elements of and being familiar with the philosophy, quality statement, quality manual, and procedures.
• Attend and participate in plant Programs/Committees/Training as required, such as Department Safety, Plant Safety, Behavioral Safety, Housekeeping Audit Teams, ISO, Life Saving Rules or any other safety programs.
• Participate in the Safety Journey. Adhere to the Golden Principle which is Simply to intervene to stop work if conditions or behavior are unsafe.
• Promotes health, safety and environmental regulations by ensuring that standards, policies, and procedures are adhered to in compliance with corporate, federal, state, and local requirements.
• Performs other duties as required for the success of Akzo Nobel Coatings Inc.
Degree in Chemistry, chemical, or Process engineering
3-5 years of experience as CI, Quality Process Engineering or Chemist roles experience, 2-3 years preferably in the Coatings industry
Ability to see color
Ability to utilize usual IT tools and software ie. SAP and MSOffice
Ability to work independently, but as part of a team
Ability to manage projects, sometimes multiple projects
Ability to communicate to employees in different business units and different levels in same business unit
Ability to use Minitab and Excel
Experience with ISO 9001
Fluent in English
Level of Autonomy
High degree of autonomy.
Needs to review data and be a self-starter on troubleshooting and coordinating with managers.
Know when to work with operators and when to escalate to next level.
Manage own workload and switch between projects from different departments.
AkzoNobel is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable laws, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Requisition ID: 18108
AkzoNobelWhy Work Here?
Great Benefits, Room for Growth. Great Team.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including International, Interpon, Sikkens and Chemcraft – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect. In North America, we’ve been producing innovative, high-performance coatings since 1888. Today, you can find AkzoNobel’s products supporting industries ranging from aerospace to consumer electronics, infrastructure, transportation, home décor, furniture and marine vessels.
1431 Progress AveHigh Point, NC