Production Supervisor/Process Engineer
AkzoNobel High Point, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
What an exciting time to join the team as AkzoNobel is named Top Employer for 2021!
The Production Supervisor ensures that production is carried out as effective and efficient as possible, in accordance with quality, HSE and other established procedures and standards.
• Ensures production is carried out according to production planning and ensures production priorities are being followed.
• Ensures all site safety rules are strictly followed to that no injuries occur and looks for root cause for all incidents and near misses.
• Ensures all process quality checks are being performed in accordance with established procedures.
• Accounts for proper allocation of man hours.
• Communicates targets and continuously measures and communicates status against these targets.
• Monitors the technical state of installations and take appropriate actions to resolve issues together with Maintenance and Engineering department.
• Resolves short term quality issues together with Quality department, initiate structural problem solving of quality issues.
• Works with the Quality Department to determine new ways to ensure high quality products.
• Works with CI and Shift Supervisors to implement (lean) tools to improve production efficiency, reduce costs and reduce waste.
• Inputs on CI/ ALPS projects and takes action to support (new) management initiatives.
• Coaches Team Leaders for performing their roles, amongst others to lead daily effective team meetings and ensure daily situational problem solving.
• Is familiar and complies with all the applicable corporate as well as site and laboratory policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct, HSE and Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs (PSRA) standards.
Industrial, chemical engineering or similar field
4+ years supervision experience in a manufacturing facility, preferably chemical or paint manufacturing
Proficient in English and MS office software.
Level of autonomy
• Inspires commitment to AkzoNobel’s purpose, vision, strategy, core principles, values and leadership behaviors.
• Acts as an ambassador and creates an open environment in which the team as a whole and its members individually can perform at their best.
• Stimulates, manages and follows through on employee engagement and builds on the workforce to reflect the societies and markets in which we do business (D&I).
• Ensures that job profiles are in place, sets objectives for team members, reviews development and provides clear, open and constructive feedback on performance combined with the appropriate actions.
• Strengthens the talent pipeline by developing talent and regularly assesses and discusses talent and internal movement. Continuously monitors and evaluates retention risk.
• Ensures reporting line is fully informed and acts in line with HSE and Compliance regulations.
• Manages and plans relevant budgets and proactively manages costs.
• Reports on progress on a continuous base.
AkzoNobel is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable laws, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Requisition ID: 14734
AkzoNobelWhy Work Here?
Be a part of an organization whose products are pioneering a world of possibilities and are trusted by customers around the globe.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect. Requisition ID: 13995
1431 Progress AvenueHigh Point, NC