Akron Public Schools
8/16/2020Posting Opens August 6, 2020 Posting Closes August 16, 2020
The Akron Board of Education announces an opening for a Desktop Support Analyst, Job Code 161, Time Schedule 522 (260 days). Salary TBD. Collective Bargaining Unit - none. This is a School Employees Retirement System position.
Application must be made electronically through http://www.applitrack.com/akron/onlineapp/.
Please upload a letter of interest, resume, and/or appropriate documents, in addition to completing the online application. The Superintendent reserves the right to either keep the position open until suitable applicants are found or to cancel and repost the position with such changes as may be deemed appropriate. For further information, please contact Howard Lawson, Executive Director Data & Accountability, 330-761-2718 or Human Resources, 330-761-2946.
- Two-year Associate's degree, computer science major preferred and/or 3-5 years relevant experience and/or complete an internship with the Akron Public Schools Technology Services Department or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Valid Ohio driver's license.
- Hardware service and support
- Application support
- Inventory management
- Design procedural changes
- Technology purchase evaluations
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills;
- Ability to identify problems, run tests, and interpret the results;
- Ability to read and comprehend technical documents, compose letters, and respond to requests.
- Performs technical troubleshooting and follows departmental procedures for diagnosing and resolving problems. This frequently includes reloading and/or replacement of hardware/software components. Prepares required forms and documentation regarding all troubleshooting activities;
- Works with the building Technology Support Specialist(s) and Principal(s) to ensure that the computer equipment and software is kept current and in good working order. Provides regular and ongoing support to buildings;
- Performs computer equipment set-up, installation, and testing. Installs and tests software and hardware upgrades;
- Monitors projects and problems, balances assignments and priorities, and performs follow-up. Properly documents current and anticipated projects and completes them in a timely manner;
- Provides assistance with hardware/software purchases, including making recommendations, getting prices, and assisting with purchase requisitions and associated forms (IF-1's);
- The employee will need to move from building to building throughout the day. The job requires moving of equipment (heavy and light) within or between buildings and to carry this equipment up flights of steps as needed;
- Reports to the Coordinator, Technical Support.
IF YOU REQUIRE ANY SPECIAL SERVICES (SUCH AS INTERPRETER, BRAILLE OR LARGE PRINT, OR WHEELCHAIR-ACCESSIBLE ACCOMMODATIONS) COVERED UNDER THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990, PUBLIC LAW 101-336, SECTION 102, PLEASE CALL THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES AT 330-761-2949. IF YOU ARE USING A TTY/TTD, PLEASE CALL THE OHIO RELAY SERVICE 1-800-750-0750.
AKRON PUBLIC SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Akron Public Schools