Primary Skills: Automation, REST, Protractor, BDD, Continuous Integration
The Application Software Quality Assurance group within the Software Engineering Applications group, supports the verification and validation of the home-grown and packaged applications used by the Tesla Business User Community. Engineers also validate applications/modules, end-to-end, across various applications. Engineers use open source tools like Selenium framework with Python coding for building the automation regression suite that is executed for every sprint. Engineers are required to enhance the automation framework and work on CI tools. Software QA Engineers automate the micro services/API that are built for each application. Engineers automate the smoke test cases that are used as post-validation scripts after every successful production deployment. ESoftware QA Engineers need to understand and validate the data by running SQL scripts against the DB Schema and ensure that the data that is displayed correctly from the database tables.
- Develop Automated Test suits for Applications
- Evangelize QA Methodologies to development teams
- Develop Test plans and test cases.
- Preparation of test data for Testing.
- The ability to work to aggressive deadlines
- Testing Mobile apps
- Execute functional system and Integration testing, regression testing of Website, ERP, CRM and packages Application
- Verify the quality of data; ensure data coming in matches existing data, verify functionality and data output against requirements.
- Log, manage, and retest defects in bug tracking system.
- Report testing status, milestones and issues to project stakeholders.
- Support off-hours launch and monitoring of systems with IT teams as needed.
- Update and use Confluence page extensively for open knowledge-sharing.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, IT, or related field.
- Proficient in designing/creating frameworks.
- Strong knowledge in one or more tools (Webdriver / Appium or WebdriverJS)
- Strong Understanding of REST and demonstrated experience with web services APIs testing/automation.
- Very good experience in using open source tools like Git, stash and Jenkins.
- Good experience with Protractor, BDD (e.g Cucumber, Jasmine), Continuous Integration (e.g., Jenkins, Hudson) or Delivery.
- Basic knowledge of unit testing using tools like TestNG, JUnit.
- Debugging distributed systems and applications.
- Strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and programming practices.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.