Director, Supply Chain & Fulfillment
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Akoya Biosciences:
As The Spatial Biology Company®, Akoya Biosciences’ mission is to bring context to the world of biology and human health through the power of spatial phenotyping. The company offers comprehensive single-cell imaging solutions that allow researchers to phenotype cells with spatial context and visualize how they organize and interact to influence disease progression and response to therapy. Akoya offers a full continuum of spatial phenotyping solutions to serve the diverse needs of researchers across discovery, translational and clinical research via its key platforms: PhenoCycler™, PhenoImager™ Fusion and PhenoImager HT.
The Director of Supply Chain and Fulfillment will drive all activities and communication for the Akoya supply chain through final order fulfillment. This includes expertise in both reagents/chemical and hardware. Conduct all purchasing activities in accordance with approved standards and in compliance with cost reduction objectives. Create purchasing and supplier management policies and procedures. Functional responsibility includes all aspects of purchasing and supplier management, production planning and scheduling and inventory control. The ideal candidate will be an innovative leader with a depth of experience in supply chain management as well as experience in Lean Manufacturing principles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls activities related material procurement within the Akoya supply chain.
- Organizes, supervises, and directs the personnel responsible for CMO management and procurement.
- Implement Supply Chain planning, forecasting and master scheduling processes based on forecasting from product management and other internal sources.
- Control’s maintenance and accuracy of data in ERP system.
- Develops a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service.
- Transactional responsibilities for customer order fulfillments for Instruments and Reagents
- Designs, implements, manages, and monitors procurement reporting systems to meet needs.
- Recruits and maintains suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications.
- Negotiates or supervises the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Interact closely with cross-functional internal and external teams.
- Arranges for disposal of surplus and/or expired materials.
- Other duties as assigned related to training and background.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Business, Operations, Engineering or equivalent; and/or 10-15 years related materials management and supplier management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated success leading and managing contract manufacturers.
- Experience in medical device industry strongly preferred.
- ERP expertise, especially with implementation and integration
- Experience with GMP- or ISO-certified operations required
- CSCMP, APICS or Six Sigma Certification highly desired
- Ability to translate strategy into tactical approaches to meet the goals of the company.
- Ability to handle and work under stressful situations.
- Knowledge of product development policies and procedures.
- Effective and creative customer problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Demonstrated success holding suppliers and fellow staff accountable to task and pushing back on timelines.
- Technical knowledge of Company and competitor products.
- Effective relationship management skills.
- Proven effective verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use communication methods and strategies that influence desired results.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain credibility, trust, and positive relationships.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Will require travel to supplier sites
Akoya Biosciences, Inc. proudly offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.
BusinessView all jobs at Akoya Biosciences