*** MUST HAVE PRIOR MECHANICAL EXPERIENCE***
The mechanic will be able to perform all of the duties listed below in addition to various other duties and responsibilities as they are negotiated. The opportunity is available to progress in the step rate progression, refer to the progression plan for technician competencies.
- Perform the set-up, changeover, operation, and the troubleshooting of all.
- Packaging/inspection equipment at the Wyckles location.
- Communicate with machine manufacturers and other production technicians.
- Clean or wipe down all packaging equipment as needed or stated in SOP's.
- General upkeep of all inspection/production lines.
- Assist in the training of co-workers on plant operations, equipment set-up, changeover and troubleshooting.
- Maintain a neat and orderly tool room and work area.
- Ensure that all equipment and components needed for packaging lines are in place and ready to go ahead of scheduled time.
- Perform maintenance as necessary or as production allows performing work orders and PM's in the packaging or inspection areas.
- Maintain documentation according to SOP's
- Follow company policies and safety regulations.
- Assist that all packaging/inspection lines are completely purged of all product and components from the previous batch before another is brought to that line.
- Maintain packaging lines in accordance with cGMP and SOP's
- Follow established controlled substance SOP's
- Mechanics verify product integrity after equipment setup (Inspection, Labeler, Cartoner, Etc.) and after any equipment adjustment. Assist QA as needed.
Must understand verbal and written instructions and react favorably in all work situations. Candidate must be able to deal with a variety of emotions. Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidate with one year plus of manufacturing mechanical and/or electrical skills preferred.
Ability to meet attendance standards. All full-time employees are required to work a 40-hr week. At times it may be necessary to work additional hours in order to get the required tasks accomplished to meet deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations must be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly (more than 50%) required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently (25% to 50%) required to use hands to finger, handle or touch. The employee must regularly to sit, talk, hear, reach above shoulders, and lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Safety Shoes are required to be worn.
Mental requirements include:
- Ability to apply deductive reasoning and understand complicated issues.
- Ability to receive instructions and follow work rules and company policies.
- Ability to follow safety and security practices.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively deal with office stress.
- Ability to accurately communicate ideas, facts and technical information.
- Maintain confidentiality of certain information.